• This topic has 49 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • iPad apps for a 2 year old?
  • ask1974
    Free Member

Reverting to the OPs question. I have tried lots of kids apps but the one both my kids enjoyed most at an early age was ‘SoundTouch’. Pictures of animals, cars, toys etc with sound effects.

All this talk of technology negatively effecting kids is tedious 🙄

All in moderation….

yunki
    Free Member

All this talk of technology negatively effecting kids is tedious

and worryingly archaic and reactionary in someone purporting to be a teacher..

bencooper
    Free Member

Oh yes, forgot SoundTouch – that’s brilliant. Other good ones:

Press Here
    Phone4Kids – cheesy but lots of sub-apps to play with
    Hairy Letters
    How It Works
    Nursery Jam

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s just one more way to play and teach them. And is used IN ADDITION TO other toys, reading books, painting, singing, running, jumping, climbing trees, quantum physics.

This.

I don’t mind our girls using mine (they like drawing apps, changing clothes on the princess apps, Angry Birds, flip cards) but they don’t use it ALL the time. Most of the time I just sit them down in front of the TV – keeps them quiet for longer and it doesn’t risk my beloved iPad being broken.

scaled
    Free Member

Duck Duck moose! http://www.duckduckmoose.com/

Little S very much enjoys incey wincey spider on that there iPad and the colouring in one.

She also likes colouring in on paper.

The iPad is generally the difference between having to go home before she starts wanting to run around the restaurant and having a nice Espresso Martini 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

Luddite alert! – With all due respect to the other posters, I’d recommend doing a bit of research into how computers effect the attention span, and capacity to use the imagination, on little people. Then draw your own conclusions.

Look. I’ve been using computers in some form for as long as I can remember, and it hasn’t affected, my ability, you know to…er…you know….think…or…imagination………

Oh…you know what I mean….I’m off.

irelanst
    Free Member

I don’t see anything wrong with kids using them either, just download age suitable apps, my girl loves the drawing and colouring stuff as well as angry birds and ninja fruit!

They have introduced ipads into some lessons and homework at her primary school so all the kids had to have one and know how to use it before the start of the year, I can imagine that will be more commonplace in the near future.

Cougar

As the OP’s kid probably isn’t two any more, I’ve reported the spam.

ross980
    Free Member

As the OP’s kid probably isn’t two any more, I’ve reported the spam.

🙄

Drac

Spam removed thanks for the report. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘iPad apps for a 2 year old?’ is closed to new replies.