• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Invoice advice
  • vorlich
    Free Member

I was contacted via the web by an Amsterdam based graphic designer who wanted to use a photograph of mine on a book cover. We agreed terms and I now need to invoice the publisher [also in Holland]. I’m not a preofessional photographer and have never needed to invoice before [although I have sold some work through Getty Images].

Can anyone offer advice on how to proceed?

wwaswas

you shoudl just be able to send them a letter with your address on it with words to the effect ‘we agreed you could use my photo for purpose ‘x’ can I have ‘n’ euros now as agreed. they just need a paper trail for their auditors.

stevepitch
    Free Member
    grum
    Free Member

Just google invoice template and adjust to suit. All you really need on it though is your details, their details, and details of the service you provided and fee agreed.

Make sure you declare it for tax purposes as well of course. 😉

vorlich
    Free Member

Thanks all.

uplink
    Free Member

You could ask Steve McLaren to translate something for you?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWptErAWrmQ&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

MrSmith
    Free Member

you need to state the terms of usage.
    eg territory/time period/media/client

otherwise your image could be used anywhere to advertise anything by anyone.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just to add to Grum’s point… you need to register for tax if you haven’t already. Its a couple of minutes on the .gov website if you do it as a soul trader. They’ll want you to fill out a self assessment at the end of the tax year.

And to add to MrSmith’s point you need to be very explicit about when they can use the image. eg just on the book cover, on their website, where-ever they like, on future editions, different languages, etc.

br
    Free Member

Or get a friend who has a business to invoice them, and sort out the cash later.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Invoice advice’ is closed to new replies.