Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Invisiframe alternatives
  • t-p26
    Free Member

Looking at “protecting” a frame. Invisiframe do a kit for the frame, but only in a medium size. Mine is a large frame,what if any, alternatives are there, other than making a mess with helicopter tape?

damascus
    Free Member

A while back I bought some outdoor waterproof clear tape from wickes. 50 metres for £3.

I’ve used it to helitape my bikes for around 3 years now.

As long as the bike is clean and dry it sticks as well as anything else I’ve used.

I shape it with a Stanley blade making sure not to mark the frame!

I’ve just removed it from a bike that’s had it on for 2 winters and no marks. I heated it with a hair dryer to remove and it didn’t bring the paint off!

wiggles
    Free Member

Look up Shack-wrap on facebook, he does kits so might have one if he has done one before, alternatively he has a shop in bury where he can do it for you.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Same as Damascus….bought some touch clear PVC tape from a DIY shop for about a fiver (to fix something non-bike related). It’s not crystal clear, but I just stick a long strip under the down-tubes on my bikes, and around carbon cranks. It usually needs renewing every 6 months or so, but much cheaper than a proper kit. Depends how much you worry about wear and tear. Life’s too short for that sort of worry 😉

Mark78
    Free Member

If you contact Lee at Invisframe he might be able to help you out. I sent my frame in as he didn’t have my bike on his website, did a great job on mine and posted the frame back to me afterwards. The only extra cost was postage, but I think he’s more than happy for frame to be dropped off and collected.

tomhoward

If you contact Lee at Invisframe he might be able to help you out. I sent my frame in as he didn’t have my bike on his website, did a great job on mine and posted the frame back to me afterwards. The only extra cost was postage, but I think he’s more than happy for frame to be dropped off and collected.

This. My Nomad (one of the first in the country) was the test bed for the large Nomad kits.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Invisiframe alternatives’ is closed to new replies.