Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • interviews during notice period
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I am going to be redundant in a few weeks and was wondering what the basic rules are about going to interviews. Does my employer have to let me go, is it a goodwill thing, am i meant to take holidays etc.

Related to this can i reclaim any costs relating to job interviews?

mavisto
    Free Member

You're being made redundant, what can they do? I'd just tell them that you are going. They'd have to be pretty unreasonable to say no. And if they do, you go off sick for the remaining redundancy period.

Last time I was made redundant, I spent my months notice surfing the www looking for a job.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

You are entitled to take days off to attend interviews, visit the jobcentre/the bank etc.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I was made redundant last year and after speaking to an employment lawyer freind of mine I was told that during my redundancy period providing I gave my current employer notice they had to allow me time to attend interviews for jobs and that, so basically I would ring my employer once or twice a week and explain that I had to go to job centre/interviews pretty much everyday, I think that I worked about 8 hours in my last month, but did find another job within about 3 weeks so all good now and much happier, good luck mate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘interviews during notice period’ is closed to new replies.