• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by juan.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Interview tomorrow last minute tips?
  • juan
    Free Member

For the first time in ages I am actually scared/stressed (must be growing old)…
    Anyone want to share any last minutes tips. Anything as it might be something I might have forgot and that might be useful.

wombat

Remember that you are interviewing them as much as they're interviewing you.

and if all else fails, imagine the interviewer(s) is/are sitting on toilets behind their desk…always works for me and keeps the formality from getting too much 😉

Good luck

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Don't be late.

juan
    Free Member

Was going to reply about the suit but hey 😉
    No chance of being late. I'll leave 2h00-1h30 in advance. For 40 kms it should be ok.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Answer the question. I find it easy to start off on an answer, then forget the question!

speaker2animals

Do a better job than I did today. Worst interview I ever did with 2 really nice chilled interviewers. Total screw up.

Just try to relax. Think before you answer.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

deep breath before the first ansa….wash your hands and dry them,cold water…gives you a cool,dry handshake.

have 3 good questions for the end…if they bring up money haggle(only if its a sales interview)

i had a problem for a couple of years…i enjoyed/studied/and went to countless interviews…one a week for about 3 years….i did alrite,got offered tons of jobs

sorry, a bit weird!

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

How did it go?

juan
    Free Member

Guess 🙁

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Never mind, plenty more chances etc.

Looks like my job runs out at the end of the month so I will be doing the same thing 🙁

Drac

Unlucky sorry to hear that.

Should have worn a suit. 😆

geetee1972
    Free Member

OK so it didn't go well; but what didn't go well, what would you have done differently and how could you have been better prepared?

You need to answer these questions so that you don't make the same mistakes next time.

Out of interest what preparation did you do for the interview?

legin
    Free Member

know something about the company.act sensible,professional and enthusiastic.its the first impression that counts.
    dont rush if there is water offered take a sip and a deep breath it will give you time to think up an answer.
    there are basic competencies all employees will look for so anticipate answers for leadership qualities decision making tackling diversity being able to work alone unsupervised ability to listen and evaluate information and what can you offer them and like wise.
    go for as many interviews as you can if you fail you still learn from each experience.then one day it will all come together.good luck.

juan
    Free Member

I shall point it was not a standard interview but a competition. Basically they selected 10 people from the files. But only three came to the oral examination.
    The job was for someone with a master in chemistry/computational chemistry.
    I hold a PhD and I know that the guy who got the job hold one too, owing her age I don't take much risks saying the girl was a Dr as well.
    So it was more like a recruitment for a lecturer at the uni. Nothing was bad as apparently I got 14/20 at the pre-selection and 15/20 this morning. The guy had a better mark due to his better publication record (irrelevant to the job).

🙁

juan
    Free Member

As for the preparation I did plenty of search about my weak point, windows serve and had no questions asked about it 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Interview tomorrow last minute tips?’ is closed to new replies.