Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • International Banking Query
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

My old flat mate, who is now living back home in Vancouver, has received a tax rebate from HMRC, and wants me to find a way of getting the money to him.

Has anyone any ideas of the best way to do this? I’m not sure if his UK account is still open, if it is, I can just pay the cheque in to his account I assume? Otherwise, how would I go about getting the money to him, other than posting the cheque to him in Canada?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I know a guy in Lagos ……

wwaswas

if it’s a sterling cheque he’ll need a uk account to pay it into or one of those ‘we cash your cheque for 20% of the face value’ places on the high street might take it.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Yup, sterling cheque from HMRC.

druidh
    Free Member

Surely he’ll be able to pay a sterling cheque into his Canadian bank?

I pay US$ cheques into a UK bank account on a regular basis.

Lifer
    Free Member

It will probably be cheaper for him to pay it into a $CAN account, otherwise you have to pay it in (if he’s still got a UK account) then transfer to him (transfer + conversion charges). If he pays it into his $ account it’ll just be conversion charge.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I recently paid a HMRC cheque in to a Australian bank with no hassle and no fee – exchange rate was pretty good that day too, Impressed they went to the trouble of actually sending it to oz, I thought they would only hunt me down if I owed them money…

seadog101

Damn, misread the title and thought it was international BAKING query. Images of strudel, tarts, gateaux….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘International Banking Query’ is closed to new replies.