Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Internal spacer swap on Marzocchi 55 CR 2012 Fork
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

Apparently you can do an internal spacer swap to reduce travel from 170mm to 150mm. I don’t have an internal spacer to swap. Has anyone done this? and if so, where can I get a spacer from? Cheers.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I don’t have an internal spacer to swap.

Its probably in your fork

gnusmas

If it is like the 2009/2010 55R fork then the spacer is inside, you just need to swap its position to the other end of the spring.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

cheers fellas.
    Has anyone got instructions or anything to help me strip the fork? Ive serviced fox forks before using youtube guides but I cant find anything for the marzocchi. I guess I just need to know what oil and how much.

gnusmas

i got the ones for the 55R forks if they will be of help, give me your email and i can get em over to you

theendisnigh
    Free Member

nice one buddy, email addy is in my profile

gnusmas

email sent 🙂

theendisnigh
    Free Member

gawd bless you gnusmas

theendisnigh
    Free Member

attempted this tonight, it was nothing like shown in the instructions from gnusmas, so I just dismantled it and looked for an obvious spacer. There wasn’t one that I could see. There was a pressed part. And I flipped this around, had to remove an internal circlip to do this. Reassembled, but it seems to now adjust between 170mm and 140mm, rather than 150mm.

Has anyone done this swap on the marzocchi 2012 55 CR switch (170-130mm) fork? If so, please tell me what you know.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did this recently. Do you still need the info?

laxcarp
    Free Member

I could use this information!! Please post!

scruff
    Free Member

Can you add more oil in the air side on these to give more ramp up, like the old proper marz?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Internal spacer swap on Marzocchi 55 CR 2012 Fork’ is closed to new replies.