Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • InteriorDesignTrackworld – what fireside minimalist armchair?
  • scruff9252

With the nights drawing in I’m looking for a fireside chair to sink into of an evening, whisky in hand with a good book and music.

I had planned to get an eames chair but last time I was in that London village I had a seat in one in a fancy shop and was a bit disappointed; the top of the chair was too low to support my head.

My room is small-ish so a large Chesterfield type armchair would dominate too much.

The current leading choice is an ercol easy chair but would like other suggestions. Most of the stuff which comes up on Google are large leather easyboy style monstrosities which I don’t want.

So stw, what do you use?

binners

All you need. There are plenty for a lot more money, but I’ve not found owt comfier. Get the footstool as well, and you’re laughing 🙂

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

Always fancied one of these but bit to spendy for me

http://www.awhiteroom.com/productimages/montis-loge-armchair.jpg

ianfitz
    Free Member

That ikea chair bonnets has linked to is comfy. He’s right about the footstool too!

Need a small table or shelf in reach though as your whiskey glass will bounce off the arm. (It’s quite a nicely sprung chair)

vonplatz
    Free Member
    vorlich
    Free Member

Those IKEA chairs are great, if your back is the right length for the lumbar support/curve. We have one, mine isn’t. Fits the missus though.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The Vitra Grand Repos is comfortable in a way the Eames lounge chair isn’t. Spendy though, and doesn’t have the same looks.

http://www.vitra.com/en-gb/product/repos-and-grand-repos?subfam.id=162527

You can’t beat the Ikea Poang for comfort per £. They’re a great piece of furniture.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘InteriorDesignTrackworld – what fireside minimalist armchair?’ is closed to new replies.