Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BPW Coaching
  • Kahurangi

Has anyone used the coaching at BPW for a one-on-one or pairs private lesson? Even a scheduled course?

How was it? Can you compare to anyone else?

It’s pretty expensive @ £250 for two people for one half-day (3 hours). It’s probably better VFM spending £145 each for your own 1-on-1 session…

michaelbowden

Had a group session @ BPW and another with UK Bike Skills. I’d only recommend the latter.

mattbee

Did ‘Rythm and Flow’ with the missus a few weeks ago.
    She got a lot more out of it than I did but the few little tips I got have actually had a surprisingly beneficial effect on my riding.
    Limited time means not massively in depth but I did think it was worth it, especially since you do get the rest of the day’s uplift included.
    I haven’t tried anywhere else though so can’t compare.

mattbee

Did ‘Rythm and Flow’ with the missus a few weeks ago as part of a group.
    She got a lot more out of it than I did but the few little tips I got have actually had a surprisingly beneficial effect on my riding.
    Limited time means not massively in depth but I did think it was worth it, especially since you do get the rest of the day’s uplift included.
    I haven’t tried anywhere else though so can’t compare.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s pretty expensive @ £250 for two people for one half-day

F***ing f*** that! Cheeky ****!

Kahurangi

Aye, my Mrs really wants to get some coaching. Thought I could tie it in with a trip to BPW.

I know of the legend that is jedi – looked in to him a few years ago. I just don’t have any other reason to be in Herts so it’s an entire weekend gone to get jedi’d

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s £75 each isn’t it? That’s what I paid last year. Including uplift for the afternoon. Coaching was ok. Somewhat disorganised slow start as the instructor didn’t turn up. We had a young lad instead who was obviously the trainee. We sessioned a few things one was a bit of a waste of time but I picked some good tips on the other bits. Nothing earth shattering but useful for my riding (and on similar terrain to the sort if riding I enjoy). Having the afternoon uplift was great to reinforce the skills. 4 in our group dropping to 3 when one chap had bike failure.

I think it suited me better than the session I had at UK bike skills as it more instructional rather than hands off.

For £75 it was a useful and fun day out. At £250 I might think twice.

You could get the Mrs onto the female group session then you do the uplift. You can ride together in the afternoon. That’d be £100

Kahurangi

http://www.bikeparkwales.com/One-to-One-and-Private-Groups

We might be going in September and mid week. They currently have no organised sessions arranged beyond August.

and yes, it’s £145 pp for a private session of one person. £125 pp for a private session of two, etc.

The group sessions currently have an introductory offer and are £75 pp.

acid877
    Free Member

I recently had the one to one coaching there, it was good and I got a few things out of it… however I wouldn’t say it was good enough for me to recommend it to other people.

You have to fill in a comprehensive form before you do the coaching, asking you loads of questions. Where have you ridden before? What would you like to learn on the coaching? etc. When I got there Griff hadn’t read the form I had to send in which wasn’t a great start and gave off a poor impression to me regarding professionalism.

I’d read what the coaching would involve from their website and knew it was video based which was a selling point for me (as I know I learn well from this). When Griff got the iPad on it only had 15% battery to start with as apparently the staff hadn’t charged it, so we were a bit limited on its use.

With the bad points aside though, it was still really beneficial for me and I learnt how I needed to improve to get what I wanted from pumping, jumping and quick cornering. It just wasn’t the same calibre as what I’ve experience at UK Bike Skills, which I would happily recommend to others.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Heard good stories about Jedi / UK Bike Skills too

nickjb
    Free Member

They currently have no organised sessions arranged beyond August.

yeah. They only seem to release dates very late. Does make organising things a bit tricky, not least because the ordinary uplift has usually sold out by then.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BPW Coaching’ is closed to new replies.