Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)
  • Interesting kids' names you've heard recently…
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The GP surgery is usually a good spot to pick up trends.

Today we've got "Coley"…looks about 3ish. Isn't that a fish of some sort? Our little Coley is currently running riot around the waiting room. He did have a brief rest for some Coca Cola and half a bag of Haribo sweets. The almost indestructible kids plaything bolted to the ground isn't looking too safe at the moment.

🙄

FoxyChick
    Free Member

We have a "Lovelene" starting in the Nursery in September!! 😯

8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Our neighbours have just had a little boy, and named kim Kit. Apparently it's a shortening of something, or from another language (I forget now)

I quite like it, TBH, but I can't help thinking of

🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    the-muffin-man

There's a girl at my daughters primary school…

Her first name is Holly – nothing unusual in that – but her surname is Oakes!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Isn't there someone on here who is, or knows a Jennifer (Jenny) Taylor?

Say the shortened version out loud.

tall_martin

I taught a girl named Ikea this year. Lovely girl, never plucked up the courage to ask why. The other kids didn't bat an eye.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I had a kid at Beaver camp this weekend called Isaac Hayes, he was skinny, white with platinum blonde hair. I get the feeling his parents may have been of rather middle class stock and possibly not aware of the theme from shaft or the album Am I black enough for you.

My mate's halfwit sister has just named her new daughter Oliviar, depsite having the double barreled surname of Berry-Melon due to her parents ill advised double barreling. Cue Olive-Berry-Melon.

My total fave is my mother in laws pupil Jenna Taylor, it's a rough area and I doubt the word genitalia figured in her parents lexicon. (edit that'd be me then Yetti)

brucethesprucegoose
    Free Member

An old school friend (drop-out WAG wannabe) just had a baby girl and called her Honeyblossom 😯
    Sort of excusably cute for a baby, not so for the obese chain smoking 15 year old which I suspect it will turn into (harsh?). People should think these things through.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Loving Isaac Hayes 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I had some Filipino tenants that wrote to me to ask if I'd write to the embassy to confirm that they had a house suitable for their kids…

Hanz Migeille Ivan, Karlos Louiesse Nikolai and Rob Leigh Maverick. Bizzare…

Mister-P
    Free Member

My little lady is called Juniper. I don't think there are many of those about.

leftyboy
    Free Member

My grandfather's first name was Kane McCusker which is two for the price of one! 😆

cxi
    Free Member

Cosmo.

Yes, Cosmo.

bigdawg
    Free Member

slightly different tack but I found out this week Kenton Cool's wife is called Jazz… 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cosmo??? Nooooo…shirley not!!

chakaping
    Free Member

An American relative of somebody my wife knows has called her daughter Abcde.

It's pronounced "Ab-sid-ee" apparently.

LS
    Free Member

According to my OH, at my daughter's nursery there was a little lad called Blade, and his twin sister Trinity 😯

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I offended a friend's sister when she told me they'd called their kid Tyler. I said "That's not a name, it's a f***in occupation! Why didn't you go for policeman, or plumber???"

firestarter
    Free Member

my little lady is called saoirse

Filthy
    Free Member

I have a nephew called Mackenzie, after the tracksuit apparantly… oh the shame, thankfully I've never met him due to the social services taking the kids off my brother in law and his chavvy bird.

No I don't have anything to do with them thankfully, even the wife doesn't speak to her brother.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Kit is just short for Christopher generally, I really like it.

CXI our cat is called Cosmo, I love the name but thought it better to inflict it on a cat than a child!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Soma.

As in summer.

scud
    Free Member

I have child clients at work called Theo, Leo and Cleo, she is expecting a fourth, so we have been having bets on what it will be called…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Friend of a friend just called their daughter coco!

toys19
    Free Member

cxi – Member

Cosmo.

Yes, Cosmo.

I have a mate called Cosmo, he's in his 40's parents were 60's hippies. Its a cool name if you do not read women's crummy magazines.

hora
    Free Member

Coco is ace FACT.

If we had a girl she would be called Summer.

Our son's middlename is Fox, first name Zachary. Live alittle, we all have to die comparatively soon anyway. 😉

My third(?) cousin is called Saibian. No idea how its spelt.

Pauly

Friend has a wee lad called Otis, which I like.

Isaac Hayes test rode a bike at Bike Radar from me last year. Nice kid, and his mum took it all in good jest.
    We also had a Bruce Dickinson at Bike Radar.

Cousin's girl is called Chelsea as that's his 2nd team after Rangers; says it all really.

Love Coco!

hora
    Free Member

Imagine when a 'Coco' is older- its not slutty in any sense. Its cool, smooth plus its still girly as heck. I once went out with a Libby. She was class.

Otis- I like. Sad thing is those bloody lifts keeping popping up.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Coco and Summer are really cool names.

I'm working with a young German guy called Bastian Farkas, which etymologically means: Build-Wolf.

redthunder
    Free Member

Jupiter

and a daugter called

Cassiopeia

WFT

hora
    Free Member

Genuis neil, for a split second I THOUGHT OF THEM TWO when I saw the name suggested. Genius. 90's comedy lost forever 🙁

Bunnyhop

Mister P -Juniper is a lovely name, it also belongs to one of my customers, but sadly gets shortened to June.

Next door neighbours sister has named her new baby Tikay, it reminds me of T.K Maxx,

Neighbour opposite has a 2 year old called Mianna.
    We have just come back from a wedding in Scotland where a litlle lad was called – Spike.

clareymorris

A good friend has called her little boy Beck………I really like it 😀

Pauly

Used to be a great local band in Belfast called 'Otis & The Elevators'.
    Played at our formals etc.

jon1973
    Free Member

I used to work with someone who named their daughter Lanesra.

hora
    Free Member

clareymorris, that was my first choice. Principally after Beck the singer. However gf said 'what Becks, cos everyone will think you love Beckham'.

br
    Free Member

My three have very traditional names, and none the worse for it.

Unlike the girl who worked for me called Nike…

hora
    Free Member
    binners

saoirse is a great name. I've a mate called that. But he's a he.Its gaelic for freedom apparently. His dad was a big cheese in the IRA

A friend of a fiend has a son called Maverick. And… yes… it is after the Tom Cruz top gun charecter. Tragic!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘Interesting kids' names you've heard recently…’ is closed to new replies.