Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Insurance recommendations for riding in Canada
  • edd

I’m in Canada for the first two weeks of July riding. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some insurance? At the moment I’m looking at SnowCard, Columbus and eTravelInsure. The problem is that many of them do not insure for 3rd party if mountainbiking. They also seem quite expensive.

Any thoughts and any other insurers I should consider?

Does anyone have any experience trying to make a claim with any of the above?

Any other advice?

edd

Bump!

stophe
    Free Member

I have used Dogtag insurance whenever I have gone, had to claim once for a broken arm and they paid up when I got back. Price seemed reasonable at the time, but not looked for a few years.

edd

Thanks stophe, DogTag looks good.

wl
    Free Member

British Mountaineering Council. Probably as good as insurance gets, for this sort of thing.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Bust my back in NZ downhilling. Snowcard were very helpful indeed.

_tom_
    Free Member

I believe ACE Insure covers extreme sports, which mountain biking comes under.

edd

Thanks everyone, at the moment DogTag looks best. Similar in terms of being specific coverage for downhill mountain biking but about £25 less expensive than SnowCard.

wl
    Free Member

How much is 2 weeks with DogTag then (if you don’t mind me asking)?

woofersco
    Free Member

We used snowcard. Expensive but they came up with the goods twice when I needed to claim.

edd

wl – Trying to get quotes to be exactly like for like is hard but SnowCard “MTB down hiller” is £116.40, DogTag Pro Extreme sports (includes downhill MTB) is £77.15. I’ve adjusted the cover on SnowCard to try to be comparable with the cover by DogTag Pro.

Alphabet

I’ve not had any experience with Dogtag but Snowcard have been brilliant for several of my mates over the past few years.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Insurance recommendations for riding in Canada’ is closed to new replies.