Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Insurance for trip to spain?
  • mactheknife

Heading to spain in a month for a trip into the sierra nevada’s

Can anyone recommend good travel insurance?

Many thanks

uplink
    Free Member

Dogtag or Snowcard

crotchrocket
    Free Member

If you are not racing or “DH specific” tracks your usual travel ins should cover you.

When I went I spoke to my usual travel ins’er (Halifax Ultimate reward bank account) and they confirm provided the SOLE purpose of the trip wasn’t a particular sport i.e. a MTB package holiday, you are covered under the std policy.

HTH

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Another vote for Snowcard.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

If I were you, I’d check out who paid up for the ash cloud losses, and go with them 🙂

ventanarider
    Free Member

Try Endsleigh. They have some sports covered as standard and charge a little extra for more extreme stuff.
    Good value, cover and payout promptly as i found out!

mactheknife

Nice one, thanks guys 🙂

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i used M&S when i went to spain, it seemed to cover general trail riding. never had to claim, mind…

uplink
    Free Member

If I were you, I’d check out who paid up for the ash cloud losses, and go with them

They all now seem to have ‘natural disasters’ as an – expensive – add on

TinMan
    Free Member

Any insurer that includes mountain / helicopter rescue / recovery from inaccessible locations. Most standard insurers assume you can be scraped up by a standard ambulance crew to get you to a hospital. Snowtag / Dogcard will cover full costs of recovery and not just the medical expenses.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dunno if they’d pay out but my easyjet insurance cost £12 and specificaly lists MTB onthe included activity list.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Insurance for trip to spain?’ is closed to new replies.