Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Insulated Insoles
  • wheelie

Does any one know of any really good insulated insoles for mtb shoes? They need to be on the thin side similar to the ones being replaced. I have already tried the aluminum foil trick!

STATO
    Free Member

I got some cheapo foil backed ones from Clas Ohlsen, definitely made a difference in reducing the feeling of cold from the ground or cleats. They were a little thicker than standard shimano soles but I use then in my MW80’s so had plenty of room. Definitely a good upgrade, even thought they are winter shoes, as the sole is the least insulated part of those shoes.

nealy
    Free Member

I wanted some 3M Thinsulate insoles but I can only find them for sale in the UK direct from 3M and they’re out of stock in my size so I’ve just ordered a pair of Woly Astro Therm insoles from ebay for £5ish as they sounded pretty decent based on the Amazon reviews. I’ll post up if they’re any good once they arrive.

hammyuk
    Free Member
    deanfbm
    Free Member

Do insulated insoles do anything?

motozulu
    Free Member

Hammy – for £90 I think I’ll stick to my £6.50 for 4 pairs of merino socks and some foil if need be! 😯

nealy
    Free Member

do insulated soles do anything?

Apparently so…

http://4alloutdoors.org/reviews/footwear-2/3m-thinsulate-thermal-insoles/thinsulate-thermal-insoles/

…not sure how effective they’ll be when they’ve been wet for hours but worth a try.

nealy
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a pair of Woly Astro Therm insoles from ebay for £5ish as they sounded pretty decent based on the Amazon reviews. I’ll post up if they’re any good once they arrive.

Yep, these work. Not like putting coals in your boots but they do help make crappy summer shoes bearable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Insulated Insoles’ is closed to new replies.