Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Inspire me for the BH weekend
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Thinking of somewhere to take the van* for a few days. 2 hours from Cardiff max. Not Pembrokeshire. South Coast was the original idea, but might be a little too far/busy. North Devon is a possibility. Where else?

EDIT just checked the weather.. will need cheap indoor things to do with the kids (3/5), national trust etc.

sandwicheater

Bank Holiday weekend, this is news to me!!!

Set up business on my own last year and with no one to remind you these things sneak up. LONG WEEKEND!!!

I’m too excited to help. Ummm, a service station. They have snacks and drink.

timbur
    Free Member

LOL – cheap and National Trust in the same sentence :O)

I guess you have a years family membership???

bikebouy
    Free Member

What about West Coast of Wales ? It’s not bad this time of year, saves going over the Bridge too.

Why do you need NT sites? There are loads up in Mid Wales (castles/manor houses/working farms (Acton Scott in Church Stretton springs to mind))

stumpy01

I’m decorating the living room, so will be avoiding this thread…..

Don’t want to hear about exciting plans, while I’m battling with a pot of gloss.

nbt

Long Mynd. Church Stretton. Ironbridge Nice area, lovely countryside, museums, walking, riding, Telford not too far if you need a biggish town with cinema etc

ahwiles
    Free Member

rellies, bikes, food, sleeping, drinking, bikes, and an 80’s-tribute-band-night-gig-in-a-cave.

molgrips
    Free Member

We have NT membership yes, and NT places are always easy on wet days.

Church Stretton – near my parents, know it well. We did Ironbridge a while back, wasn’t cheap – Acton Scott might be a good idea though. We did take the caravan up last time we went, to Monstay Farm in the middle of the Mortimer Forest, where I used to MTB in the early 90s. It was beautiful, but feel a bit like we should go somewhere new.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Just work it and have a day off in lieu? Avoid the masses swarming on everything like its their last day on earth.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Powys Castle near Welshpool (NT I think) then head over to Lake Vyrnwy and the Mountains, pootle off over to Barmouth and head home along the coast.

HTH

Drac

I’m working 2 extra shifts as it’s really not worth going anywhere on a BH weekend.

jon1973
    Free Member

Just work it and have a day off in lieu?

Not so easy if you have kids like the OP said he has.

redstripe
    Free Member

Big bike bash, I guess wca has already suggested though

molgrips
    Free Member

Found a nice CL near Minehead (and joined the Caravan Club for eligibility!) which was pretty nice. Beach on Sunday, Dunster Castle and a short walk on top of that big hill next to the town in the evening.

It’s fun driving for two hours and still being able to see your home town 🙂 Exmoor is a bit of a pain to get around though – even the main roads are windy and slow, and even with the caravan on I was held up by grannies and lorries doing 40.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me for the BH weekend’ is closed to new replies.