Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Inners MTB TT – Who's going?
  • Dougal
    Free Member

Cracking course full of fun stuff, probably the best XC/AM course in the UK.

http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com/2010/02/alastair-lees-memorial-xc-tt-28th-march.html

I'm sadly missing this due to other racing commitments, but this should be right up the street of the STW massif.

2tyred

Me!

A first for me, never raced before. Have very little idea what to expect, but really looking forward to it all the same.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I really wanted to go, but since I'm getting married in a week, probably better to use my time elsewhere. Riding on Saturding instead though.

Maybe next year…

fi
    Free Member

I'm not going as I'm going on holiday but I can say that it will be a cracking course, very well organised and for a good cause. Alastair was a mountain biker that I used to know who died of cancer a couple of years back. He was in his early 40s. All proceeds go to Cancer Research.

Inneleithen is a fab place to ride and as it's a time trial set up the problems with trying to pass people are minimised.

Stu

Wish I was but committed to something else this weekend before the date was finalised 😥

Should be pretty awesome – best course I raced on in all of last year and the cheapest at only £15! 8)

jojoA1
    Free Member

I'll be there. First race of the season! Not really fit for it, but it will be a start. The course is fantastic, a mixture of Black XC and some of the tamer DH. Hoor of a climb and a sweeeeeeeeet descent. Looking forward to it. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Commited my time to doing none bikey things with missus this sunday so ill not be there. Few other abc guys coming though !

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

that'll be one tough course – one for next years race list i reckon! good look to them thats racing, hope you're fit!

jojoA1
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    Commited my time to doing none bikey things with missus this sunday so ill not be there.

Part timer! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

I will be doing other stuff, not being race-fit.

Jo I seem to have missed the "I'm in Edinburgh" mleh thread? 😡

Stu

Pfft no need to be race fit, its a TT just make up excuses for why your slow, nobody need know!

Course isn't that tough, granted its not easy either but it is a lot of fun! :mrgreen:

jojoA1
    Free Member

Al, there hasn't been one, cos it's Thijs' birthday celebration and we're doing stuff with Weezy on Saturday daytime and out for family dinner at night. Sorry. x

robgarrioch

Not racing, but Kit + myself went round last Sunday & it was riding great – possibly due to being almost completely dry…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aww jeez I was only kidding, ruffle his hair for me OK?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Al, I shall offer him a manly handshake from you. 🙂 Is it pishing doon down there now? I may have made an incorrect tyre choice….

Stu

It has been a tad moist in Edinburgh this afternoon 😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

Light rain. The one-eyed city is in a separate weather system though.

None of which affects my DIY of sofa-occupying activities.

radoggair
    Free Member

if i knew sooner then maybe i'd enter, although i'm very injured just now. Shame, it sounded like a good one 😥

trail_rat
    Free Member

although i'm very injured just now

what did you do ? i dont like the sound of "very" MTFU !

radoggair
    Free Member

what did you do ? i dont like the sound of "very" MTFU !

i err, well, left my MTFU in the locked shed so isn't accessible just now. My crash at Whinlatter caused my seat to bend upwards so now my back is in agony cause of this. It does sound quite girly i know but its causing major pain just now.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ladyboydogair 😉

healing vibes man ! my latest excuse more so than the missus having booked me out previous is that upon going to assemble my bike i just found out i ordered brake cables instead of gear cables ….. RETARD !

radoggair
    Free Member

You call me a ladyboy when its your lady who's ruling your life with a controlling thumb. You should be ashamed to call yourself a man. Me, i'd tape her mouth shut, put her in the kitchen and a bungee rope tied to her so just as she reaches the front door it pings her back to the cooker. 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

so what would your other half say if i were to put that on your face book page 😉

mine very relaxed about riding it was just that until today it ws the only weekend till july where im not away riding ! – alot of those weekends shes riding too mind !

Top.Dog
    Free Member

i'm in too, looking forward to using my excusses

radoggair
    Free Member

alot of those weekends shes riding too mind !

i betcha she is 😉

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I did the red route today for the first time and really enjoyed it. It wasn't raining much but I think there had been shed loads last night or this morning as there was water everywhere. The long straight bit of single track coming down the hill was like a burn but none of it looked washed out at all.

How much of the red route does the race use or does it vary? I was thinking of entering but not sure I can make it.

Dan
    Free Member

the route uses a fair chunk of the red route with a few extras (both up and down) to keep it interesting. The final descent will have a split time so you can see how you compare to your mates on the down as well as overall 😉

Remember the clocks change on Saturday night.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

I'm heading down for a great days riding if last year was anything to go by.

Deffo recommended.

trail_rat
    Free Member

we have a sweepstakes on how long your new bike lasts jock !

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

LOL !!!!! 😉

Top.Dog
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it today.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Me too!!! I gots prizes!!! 😀

hels
    Free Member

Just saw this thread – well done Jo prizes indeed… and a respectable split time for such a refined young lady.

Full results on http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com

For the un-initiated the split time is the last descent from the top of the Tunnel down the new luge, Merida descent then the bottom half of Caddon bank. Wee Lew Buchanan 12 secs ahead of Crawford CA who didn't know we were timing that section… I hate to think how fast if he had known.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Helen, thanks again for putting on a fantastic race. A worthy memorial to Alastair.

Spending my voucher was a toss up between a new High Roller or adding some cash for a super pimpy carbon Lezyne multi tool. Went for the multi tool, cos it was shiny and pretty and came in a special tin and everything… 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Inners MTB TT – Who's going?’ is closed to new replies.