Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Incoming! (more snow content)
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

word has it that Sunday & Monday are set to be the heaviest snow fall yet! best go buy lots of tinned gods, candles and shotgun cartridges then!

Jamie
    Free Member

…..and to think they called me crazy when i built that fallout shelter under the garden!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Where you getiing that info? Last I saw was 'light snowfall'

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Where you getiing that info? Last I saw was 'light snowfall'

wwaswas

"High risk of severe weather affecting Kent, East Sussex and eastern parts of West Sussex. Outbreaks of snow starting on Saturday afternoon will become heavy and persistent during the evening and last into Sunday morning. Seven to 12cm of fresh level snow is expected widely with 10 to 20cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in place"

from bbc.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Met Office are saying more snow, yes, but nothing like Tuesday night at the minute.

That could still change though of course!

Jamie
    Free Member

I imagine it will only be a small area that gets it. Have not had any more snow, apart from the odd flake, here in P'boro for a while now.

nicko74

OMFG SNOW!!! AR$GGGHHH SNOWWW!!!! WTF, EPIC SNOW, OH JEBUS!!! QUICK, SEND A PHOTO INTO THE BBC!!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Seven to 12cm of fresh level snow is expected widely with 10 to 20cm locally

That's no more than half what was predicted for Tuesday. Panic over. 😉

wwaswas

nicko74 – walk away from the mbukeriser now.

allthepies
    Free Member

OP FAIL.

finbar
    Free Member

SNOWPOCALYPSE

miketually
    Free Member

12cm? Bless 🙂

nicko74

But seriously, come on. Yay, snow. Surely this isn't news any more – 'news' would tend to indicate that it is a new development (and the level of press coverage would indicate that it's a entirely new development, like a new form of matter). There's snow, it's making things tricky, unfortunately most of us still have to get on with our work.

uplink
    Free Member

It's this afternoon & tomorrow for us – NE

john_drummer
    Free Member

'Southeast gets a bit of snow and world falls apart' shocker

miketually
    Free Member

It's this afternoon & tomorrow for us – NE

Already hit Teesside apparently, and there have been flakes reported at Moron Park. Still none here though.

It'll just sit on top of the ice and snow we have already though.

warton
    Free Member

newcastle is a lovely sunny winters afternoon at the moment…

crazy-legs

The BBC are desperate for some sort of apocalyptic catastrophe though, they always are.
    OMG, more snow!! Batten down the hatches, panic buy everything at the supermarket, don't travel or if you do, pack full arctic survival gear.

duckman

Still ,off to the Lecht tomorrow.Scotland is supposed to have best skiing Europe just now, and the worst lifts in the world…….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

On Monday the forecast was for snow showers overnight in Harrogate. We had some of the heaviest snow in the UK (8 inches by Tuesday morning). I tend not to really believe what they say.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Moron park. hehe

miketually
    Free Member

Moron park. hehe

Oops 🙂

Morton Park 🙂

hora
    Free Member

T'other night I went to Huddersfield from Manchester on the M60/M62 (I checked the traffic cameras first) and both ways the motorway was virtually empty. I actually thought the traffic cameras were lying ….they werent!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Hora – how do you check traffic cameras?

What website?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

go to google and search for Highways Agency if you want Cams!

MrNutt
    Free Member

you're all doomed, just you watch! you've been warned! heh heh heh all your igloos are belong to me!

MrNutt
    Free Member

SNOWPOCALYPSE +1

ajf
    Free Member

Hora – how do you check traffic cameras?

What website?

http://www.trafficengland.com

WTF
    Free Member

Quote from: some numpty on the bbc have your say

I usually turn up late to work anyway but with the snow today I was naturally later. Stuck in a traffic jam I phoned (using hands free) my boss and told him it was because of the snow and I told him that is the traffic was so bad I was thinking about going home. He then told me that if i didn't go into work today then I shouldn't bother coming in on monday. Now i have a 5 day weekend Woohooo….

Liam, Lincoln

🙂

grumm
    Free Member

The BBC are desperate for some sort of apocalyptic catastrophe though, they always are.
    OMG, more snow!! Batten down the hatches, panic buy everything at the supermarket, don't travel or if you do, pack full arctic survival gear.

Have you not seen that documentary called The Day After Tomorrow?

Drac

None up here in North Northumberland but chuffing cold.

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

Do tinned gods come in all flavours?

MrNutt
    Free Member

captain_spaulding – Member
    Do tinned gods come in all flavours?

yep, Roman, English, Asian, Greek, etc

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

As i'm an atheist i'll just buy beans 😀

jonb
    Free Member

We already had about 20cm of snow, is another load on top of that going to make a real difference? 20cm of snow will bring the country to a stand still but 25cm of snow will bring snowmageddon?

Anyway, got to go panic buy everything tinned from Sainsbury.

Drac

We did get some in the end last night, another 2" or so.

Sweet!

ebygomm
    Free Member

We've had some overnight, more this morning, and forecast for tomorrow has changed from sleet to heavy snow 🙂

(Just north of Nottingham)

MrNutt
    Free Member

the slow, agonizing and daytime TV free icy death of the human race has begun! I for one welcome our unique crystalline overlords.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Bad snow here in NI, something to do with Iris Robinson taking her knickers down!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Incoming! (more snow content)’ is closed to new replies.