Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • income protection insurance….
  • Pook

Ok, so I'm regarded as 'vital' to the success of the business. Therefore we have taken out income protection insurance to cover the money i bring in, and my salary should I be incapacitated for longer than four weeks.

Now, during the interview, the lovely healthcare nurse went through a list of so called 'potentially dangerous activities' which could change my policy…..

Biking wasn't on there at all!

Now going by the injuries thread going at the mo, how much of an oversight is this? Should I have told her i took part in "extreme sports", which was one of the options?

I did tell her about my biking, but despite this she hasn't needed to change anything. She did with my climbing, which isn't covered.

bent_udder
    Free Member

Same here. Cycling's regarded as having lots of health benefits, as it's a low impact sport. Mountain biking is actually regarded as being low risk compared to cycle touring. I seem to remember holiday insurance being very specific on this a few years ago: falling off a mountain in the Portes du Soleil for a fortnight was seen as being far safer than saddling up on a tourer and riding around on the road.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘income protection insurance….’ is closed to new replies.