Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Inbred chainstay
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Which chain stay protector for an inbred? When I go to order one they all just look way too big.

themyers
    Free Member

I used an inner tube on mine, looked trick and it will be nice and not bulky

leythervegas
    Free Member

Sorry that’s not for me. How can you put a big piece of ugly rubber on a beautiful frame like this?

velomanic
    Free Member

Mine’s wrapped with a inner tube too, looks good and does the job well.

tomhoward

Electrical tape on mine

jamj1974

I thought you meant a chainstay that made sweet love to it’s sister/mother/aunt (or all three!)…

leythervegas
    Free Member

Deary me. What are you all doing? May as well take a dump on the stem and rub it along the bars while you’re at it.

svalgis
    Free Member

Sorry that’s not for me. How can you put a big piece of ugly rubber on a beautiful frame like this?

Yeah, a piece of the sophisticated material neoprene with a huge flashy logo is much more elegant.

johnnystorm

Wrap it in amalgamating tape.

Won’t it just get sawn through by chain suck or rot out from the gussets anyway?

/runs and hides

leythervegas
    Free Member

Not bothered about a ” huge flashy logo ” just want a tidy solution.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

The old bit of inner tube on my 456 looks pretty tidy.

How can you put a big piece of ugly rubber on a beautiful frame like this?

Sorry, we are talking about an Inbred, right?

leythervegas
    Free Member

Each to their own I suppose Francis. I’ve also got a carbon 456 and I think that’s gorgeous too!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Innertube! It looks fine neatly wrapped around and cable tied at each end.

Unless you’re doing massive tail whips (!), you’ll never see it when you’re on the bike, and it’ll protect your chainstays better than most things.

Frankers
    Free Member

Inbred… Beautiful frame?? wait till the rust sets in

Inner tube on mine too

docstar
    Free Member

Black duct tape on a black frame, barely noticeable.

meehaja
    Free Member

mine was rusted through from all the chain suck. I had a bent piece of aluminium, taped on with duct tape, wrapped in inner tube. The tube is the way!

jonba
    Free Member

Innertube here as well. Cheap frame, cheap solution. The inbred is work horse not a show pony.

Having said that my £500 cross frame also got the inner tune treatment as it works well and fits every frame and chain stay length.

Bikes are for riding, if you notice your chain stay while riding you are probably crashing or about to crash.

stufive
    Free Member

Ive got innertube all over the swingarm on my five i think it looks fine?

Orange five AM by Stufive, on Flickr

captainsideburns
    Free Member

http://instagram.com/p/ZkZM5by04A/

I cut the innertube so it was only about 30 mm wide. Didn’t want it to be so thick. Also you can wrap both ends under itself so as not to have unsightly cable ties. You just have to pull it all tight while your wrapping.

Edit, dunno why the pic isn’t working 🙁

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Standard lizard skins protector fits fine, as do small charge protectors i believe.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Inbred chainstay’ is closed to new replies.