Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • I'm really cheesed off with a Classifieds seller
  • Mark

It doesn't seem to have sunk in…

Ti, how it gets posted is nothing to do with the buyer.. ALL that matters is it is DELIVERED.. Until that happens the responsibility for concluding the transaction is with you.

It needs to be spelt out to you.. YOU are legally responsible for the buyer receiving the goods. The seller has a legal right to demand you refund him the money as you have not upheld your side of the deal and are in fact now refusing to do so. If you no longer have the CD's in question then you should either make an arrangement for something else that the buyer is happy with from your CD collection or you should refund him his money in full. It's a very simple procedure that you are obliged to follow. A small claims court would sort this out very quickly and it would not be in your favour.

Like I said…

Sort it.. or I'll ban you

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Surely this has to go down as a classic thread.

All of the stuff that goes on in the world and then i read this schoolboy sh*t

just refund and claim back the money from the royal mail.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Mark, just ban me if thats the collective view. I think I've done nothing wrong and in my last post offered what I feel is right as a compromise. Life is too short for this and I cant say that I really want to part of a community that does this. Real shame as this place felt like home for many years.

ciao

Mark

The recipient states he has not received the goods. The law is structured deliberately in his favour as far as mail order selling is concerned. You ARE wrong. You have no legal argument. The law is written in such a way as to render any argument you may have of 'Oh but who is to say he's just making it up and he actually has the CD's' somewhat moot.. The burden of proof is on you as the seller not the buyer.

Now, I've stepped in on this rare occasion as both of you have decided to engage each other in public on the forum. I can't force you to do what you are legally obliged to do. I can only ban you. However, that's a bit pointless since the buyer still won't have a satisfactory outcome.

To be clear.. You ARE wrong. You have the buyers money and he'd like it back. You only have a legal right to hang on to that money if the contract you both entered into has been concluded. He does not have the CDs.. ergo it is not concluded and the money you hold is not yet rightfully yours.

Gordy
    Free Member

What a muppet.

mudshark
    Free Member

Have they not agreed to donate to charity as a compromise? Certainly the seller is in the wrong though – always get receipts!

Stoner
    Free Member

good strop.

Face it, you have been swimming against the tide of the "community" with your attitude. Either MTFU and accept you have gone about things the wrong way, or strut off in a huff if you cant live with being wrong. Whatever you do, dont even think that it's the members of the forum's fault that you seem to be out of place.

I cant say that I really want to part of a community that does this.

you have got that very much the wrong way round.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

The actual sum involved doesn't matter, in fact I mentioned very early on it was a trifling sum.

If they did turn up I won't be making a public apology, never accused the seller of not sending them and all along assumed they were missing in action.

The only point here is that I paid in good faith, didn't receive the goods and then received a very dissappointing reply to my polite email.

Mentioned it on here firstly because I wanted to be sure I was making the correct assumption and secondly to express my displeasure at the less than acceptable response from a forum member.

If the seller refunds me the money I will donate it to charity, in fact thinking about it the Russ appeal would seem the obvious choice.

Really want this to end now as i'm sure everybody else does too, still surprised though that the seller refuses to accept the moral and legal implications involved.

(postie just been and no CD's)

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘I'm really cheesed off with a Classifieds seller’ is closed to new replies.