• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I'm impressed – Rear light content
  • onandon
    Free Member

Purchased an exposure flare rear light.
    Jeez, this is a damn fine bit of kit – totally kicks the 1w smart light in the nuts for build and brightness. (great side visibility too)

That is all 🙂

parkesie
    Free Member

im waiting for santa to bring me one.

onandon
    Free Member

Make sure it’s the 2011 version as it’s a usefull bit brighter.
    The light will have a ref number starting FE11:

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

on and on – how so brighter? i had one when the first came out, not sure on the model though?

onandon
    Free Member

They changed the led in the 2011 model, same run time but with more ooooph (20% – 25% more ooooph apparently)

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I am sure it is a fnatastic light but it is over twice the price of the 1 watt smart rear light. Just out of interest do you still think it is better than 2 x 1 watt smart rear lights.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Don’t use it at MM or SITS, you’ll get shouted at . . .

onandon
    Free Member

Better than two 1w smarts – no. but then again I wanted a small powerfull light for the seatpost to go with my helmet mounted cateye.

I paid £30 for it, for that money I think it’s good value.

Haze

Keep looking over your shoulder, mine came off in it’s first week. Secured it with an o-ring for future…

z1ppy

M8 has one & it looks ace, though when I mentioned it here, the water sealing was questioned.

DaddyPig
    Free Member

Don’t you need the rechargeable batteries and charger to make the flare a worthwhile option?

Haze

Yep

onandon
    Free Member

Not really, CR123’s are as cheap as decent AA’s if you buy from 7dayshop.
    I have loads of them for use in other flashlights so not really a consideration.

devon_roadie
    Free Member

Does this light come with a battery?

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not so sure about the brightness war with rear lights – from my experience as a driver and a commuter, the 1/2 watt Smart light is plenty bright enough to be seen from a long way back, especially if you use two with one on your helmet.

As a driver, anything brighter is too dazzling and gets close to being a hazard. No doubt plenty will tell me I’m wrong. I’m used to this. I am married.

cynic-al
    Free Member

agreed.”my rear light is brighter than yours” is a bit silly.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

onandon –

Just spoke to exposure ref the 2011 ones – and they assure me its utter rubbish…..he 120% tells me the led hasnt changed in any of the rears since there first release back in october, dont know where you got your info from but its wrong according to him….guy i spoke to is pretty high up in exposure ranks so cant see why he would tell me porkys!

anyways its bloody bright even if mine is 20-25% less than above!

Haze

This might sound a bit daft, looking at mine it’s very bright but doesn’t seem particularly ‘aggressive’ from all but looking at it square-on.

Considering the angle of the bracket points the light slightly downwards, I can’t see how it’s going to cause drivers too many problems.

Unless they happen to be tiny…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I'm impressed – Rear light content’ is closed to new replies.