Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I'm getting married on Saturday!!
  • stox
    Free Member

Feeling ok about it so far – no nerves, just looking forward to it.
    Am i going to be bricking it on the day???!!!!

Sandwich

What time’s the off? Try and fit in a swim or sauna before you go, enter looking drop dead gorgeous and take it from there. You won’t have time to be nervous once it all starts, relax as much as you can and take it all in.

Good luck in your shared future.

project
    Free Member

I think youll find its still called civil partnership, marrige is only for hetro sexuals according to those who wear dresses on a sunday.

stox
    Free Member

2.30 kick off…so i could fit quite a bit into the morning to keep me busy/relaxed!
    I suspect the morning might drag whilst the rest of the day will fly by

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m joining the club later this month, all the best to you!

I’m pretty calm too at the moment. Only bit i’m dreading is the forced niceties to the MiL during my speech..

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Funnily enough im going to a wedding do on saturday 😀

ask1974
    Free Member

Sandwich is stop on, go do something in the morning that you enjoy and will leave you feeling good. Anyway you’ll probably find you’re a lot more relaxed than you expect. Enjoy it it’s a great day. Good luck to you both and wishing you the best.

stox
    Free Member

Cheers ask1974 …. Will keep that in mind

Sandwich

Don’t go riding a bike on/off road at high speed though. Gentle activities only as you need to be there on time not in casualty!! 😀

TimS
    Free Member

Congrats.
    I wasn’t nervous at all when I got married. No reason to be nervous.
    Enjoy!

takisawa2

We married abroad, in The Gambia.
    Lounged around the pool, nice lunch then off to get togged up. Back to the pool bar afterwards.
    Brilliant day.

Enjoy it though mate because its over in a flash.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I got married 2mths ago at 1pm

Morning, I had some last minute speech writing and reception setup tasks to do. By the time I’d done them, it was quick change, quick pint in pub and quite a few guests were at the church before me (& the ushers).

Service was the best part of the day for us. The reception and evening do flew by.

I didn’t have any nerves, no second thoughts so it sounds like you’ll be ok. Just relax and enjoy your day.

Best of luck!

wrecker
    Free Member

I went diving in the med the morning of my wedding. Had a nap and got woken by the best man. Nearly overslept. Flew by!

stox
    Free Member

Thanks doosuk (thumb up.)

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Good luck. No nerves here, just felt that everyone was rooting for us. Memorised the vows, so we both did that with no prompting. Speech was easy – thank the bridesmaids, say my wife looks gorgeous (as she did (and still does)) etc., etc. Easy audience.

Only had a single pint all day/evening – just went by too fast.

Kryton57

Good luck and enjoy it.

For me, we had a 2pm wedding in the church 150yrd around the corner.
    As the future Mrs Kryton stayed at the inlaws overnight, I got very drunk the night before, woke up at 11 and cooked a full breakfast, and was disturbed by my best man at 1pm whilst I was watching some rugby whilst lounging in t shirt and shorts. Got shaved, changed and at 1:50 I was in the pub over the road knocking back a quick rum & coke.

I was a bit nervous in church until the last song (Jerusalem, in the tradition of Rugby worldwide sung at full voice) and then enjoyed the rest of the day, which seemed to be an effort in quaffing champagne whilst remaining sober enough to do photo’s, speeches, dances and meet & greet.

philconsequence
    Free Member

8th sept for me and mrsconsequence. my day will consist of arrving at the venue at 8am and spending 8 hours decorating both halls with all the hand made decoration stuff we’ve been making and coordinating the set up of the band, DJ, catering, other entertainment stuff.. oh and building a wooden frame and attaching material to make a backdrop for us to say our vows and exchange rings in front of.

its going to be hectic and stressful, but by the time becca walks in it should all be worth it 🙂

good luck for saturday!

titusrider
    Free Member

Im planned in for the 16th Sept but we only decided to do it about two weeks ago! All the major stuff is now booked and sorted, its meant we have paid quite a lot for a good photographer through a lack of good alternatives and future Mrs Titus is scaring dress shops by saying she is getting married in two months 🙂 (and buying samples but thats what she wanted to do anyway)

Im looking forward to it and really glad we are not planning and stressing for 12 months. Looking forward to a stunning day and it should be a great relaxed day. We are doing an 11am ceremony so i wont have too much to do in the morning (some chair covers and table centre pieces) and will have help.

Any one had any experiance of having two best men? I wimped out of choosing and have asked both my best mates to do it and share duties.

stox
    Free Member

I have two best men so I’ll let you know howitzer goes!!!! I have one signing the register, the other will hand the rings over and I believe they are both doing a speech each. Should work ok since I go back to primary school with one and secondary with the other.

Thanks for the good wishes. We’ve got a rehearsal Friday night then it’ll be back to the hotel to meet everyone for a few guiness 🙂

thered

You will brick it on the day, that’s how it should be, a good group around you will help deal with the stress tho.

I reckon that it’s harder work being married than being in a relationship but being married is great, as long as you approach it right then your relationship will get better and better.

therealhoops
    Free Member

This is why me and missus went to Vegas. By 11am we were married, pished and playing poker at the bar, and I mean AT the bar. They have machines built in. 10th anniversary next month 🙂

sparkyrhino

no need to be nervous,all the hard stuff is done, just enjoy.Turn up do the biz ,get pis3ed have a fight.happy days.
    It’s our 10th anniversary tommorow,weekend away in log cabin in the dales……not allowed to take my bike though 👿
    romance is a word thats been mentioned

Bunnyhop

Don’t have your hair cut too short before the big day!
    Do make sure you tell the bride how beautiful/gorgeous/lovely she looks.
    Have fun.

titusrider – I too had a fairly short waiting time and almost left it too late to get dress and bouquets sorted.

peasant
    Free Member

Can i come 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I'm getting married on Saturday!!’ is closed to new replies.