Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • I'm fat, and I'm going to be honest about it
  • franksinatra

5’11” and 97.3kg. That is over 15 stone!

I’ve always hovered around 90kg and knew that that was too heavy. Used to cycle to and from work every day but since Christimas not been able to as much as I need to bring the car in for travel to/from meetings. This reduction in bike time has really made a big difference (for thwe worse!)

I knew I had eaten a few too many pies but was ashamed when I weighed myself last night.

I am hoping that public disclosure will be the motivation I need. I am going to weigh myself every sunday night and publish my (hopefully lower) weight every week. Probably no-one else will care but by saying I will do it may be enough to make sure I am not embarrassed by failure.

Plan is porridge for breakfast, sandwhich and fruit for lunch, simple tea (fish, veg etc)

Please feel free to take the p*ss, it is all motivation!

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have been trying to eat less since christmas; i have found that the more i do it the easier it is.

alfabus
    Free Member

Please feel free to take the p*ss, it is all motivation!

always hovered around 90kg

seems unlikely, unless you are in very low gravity.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Pics? it’s ok I’m using a dual screen setup.

Drillski
    Free Member

Just think, you’re going to go from an unbranded or Deore body to a blingtastic XTR weight weenie body, for nowt! Nice One! Weight weenies would kill to save that kinda mass!
    remember
    “Eatin’ is Cheatin’ !”

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and went from 15 to 13stone using portion control. Put the fork down and move more.

iDave
    Free Member

“Plan is porridge for breakfast, sandwhich and fruit for lunch, simple tea (fish, veg etc)”

Why?

MrGrim

I’m 2″ taller than you and weigh 20kg less. That’s not a good thing. Are you only looking to just lose weight by eating less or are you also increasing exercise?

I’m trying to put on weight, lose some fat and gain muscle.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

You MASSIVE FATTY!

carlosg
    Free Member

It depends where your weight is distributed. I’m on the large side and have some spare fat but wouldn’t call myself fat .I’m shorter than you by an inch at 5’10” and weigh 15.3st I fit a 34″ waist and have a 46″ chest .My spare tyre is above my waist and a bit of moob.

I know I can shift it with a small change in diet but I’m happy enough how I am and don’t want to give up on lifes little treats ,

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Largely the same boat.

Was 16st at Xmas, now 15st, portion control, and changing the carbs protein balance has done it for me so far. Hoping to end up close to 12st by the end of the year.

Also think about cross training, I have started to run as well as cycle, mix it up and get your body doing new things, keep it ‘confused’.

Don’t cut your portions too low, that is counter productive, and expect to hit plateau periods where your weight stays the same, you just need to stick with it and the weight loss will start again. Try keeping a diary of your key measurements, some weeks your measurements will reduce but your weight will stay static – Muscle weighs more than fat.

Also don’t weigh yourself daily; I have quickly learned this will drive you mad.

ourmaninthenorth

“Plan is porridge for breakfast, sandwhich and fruit for lunch, simple tea (fish, veg etc)”

Why?

This^^

First, stabilise your weight. Then work on changing your diet to lose it. Many have had success on the iDave way (and similar ways of eating, like Tim Ferris’s 4 Hour Body).

BoardinBob

I’m 5’11

I was up around 216lbs so heavier than you are now although I started the year around 209lbs

As of Saturday I’m down to 188lbs through a combination of hard training and tweaked iDave. Body fat down, muscle up. People have started commenting on my physical change.

Make a commitment to doing it and stick to it.

binners

Have you thought about the Marlboro and Cocaine diet? Seems to work for Kate Moss

nealy
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and was 102kg this time last year, I’m now 88kg due to putting many miles in on the bike (1,065km since I started tracking in June) and cutting out the pasty garnish at lunch everyday.

portlyone

I’m not fat I’m just big boned

EDIT: nealy beat me to it. I’m 5’11 and around 16 stone.

DrP

Why?

Because this is his plan and he’s motivated to follow it?
    There are many ways to lose weight, some of which can be as simple as portion control and self control.

DrP

eyerideit
    Free Member

ditch the bread and fruit and just have a big salad or baked potato – veg instead of fruit. Fruits got loads of sugar.

and sugar is the enemy unless it’s custard creams then it’s your bezzy mate.

PMK2060

Nothing wrong with franksinatra’s diet plan. It’s simply, easy to follow and providing portion control is followed should work.

DrP

Fruits got loads of sugar.

reminds me of the patient I met who was surprised that eating 2-3lbs of grapes a day was causing weight gain…..

DrP

tobyToby
    Free Member

Only thing I’d say is slow and steady with the weight loss. Don’t get disheartened if the wieght doesn’t all drop off in 4 weeks, it takes time for your body to adapt to new diet/exercise regimes.

I started running three time a week (only for 30 mins each time at lunch) after Christmas, its only now I’m noticing the love handles starting to get smaller…

Taff
    Free Member

My mrs is battling weight loss at the moment and has lost a stone since January. It’s a slow process to do it properly ie you don’t want to lose loads in a short space of time. Portion control and controlling what you eat is so important but can be very frustrating. She’s doing Weight Watchers at the moment but isn’t going to classes. She has an app on her phone which she can fill in and check how good/bad food items are which is good considering a few years back you had to carry a book with you!

Not going to tell you what to eat diet wise but definately thinki that a good breakfast helps you through the day. She’s eating either porridge or weetabix with fruit and some other crap to fill her self up so as to avoid snacking. Snacking has been the worst bit ever.

It’s taken 6 weeks but she is now able to eat a smaller portions and feel full after it. Granted after exercise she is hungrier than normal but that doesn’t happen as often as she would like.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Try giving up alcohol. It’s tough, especially when you get back from a bike ride, but makes a massive difference.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Try giving up alcohol. It’s tough, especially when you get back from a ride, but makes a massive difference.

Trimix
    Free Member

Good on you.

I should cut down on portion size too.

Use a smaller plate, drink a pint of water before each meal.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, drink lots of water.
    Subscribe to a graze box or two. Snack on them if you snack. (or you could save a fortune and get some massive bags of the stuff from ASDA)

geetee1972
    Free Member

90kg and 1.85m tall does not make you fat.

I was absolutely at my physical peak when I weighed that much. I had a resting hear rate of about 40bpm, could average 170bpm for about 2 hours, could do a 15 mile fell run over Kinder Scout, trained four times a week etc. I felt super human, even if my BMA classified me as ‘overweight’ (which was bollocks!)

Now I’m overweight but I’m over 12kg heavier! I can still manage a five hour ride though.

miketually
    Free Member

Not for weight control (I’m a skinny knacker), but for feeling healthy, I feel loads better if I don’t eat anything after our evening meal (which we have before 6 usually) and before we have breakfast (7ish) and drink a pint or two of water over the course of the evening.

D0NK

Fruits got loads of sugar.

and sugar is the enemyI thought the problem was with refined/processed sugar not natural stuff. (but I would have guessed that 2-3lb of grapes a day was bad)

glenh
    Free Member

I eat load of fruit (3 pieces with my lunch) and I’m not fat (BMI=20).
    I also eat other sugary things. And bread, pasta etc. And I had a fry up for breakfast.
    Exercise + portion control keeps my weight steady. No need for silly diets.

madhouse

Good on you. I’m trying to loose a few pounds too (5’10 and 14st, BMI of ‘fat knacker’).

Anyway, portion control’s where it’s at, although I’m going to try to cut down on bread a bit too. Can’t comment on if it’s working for me though as I only started last week.

The way I see it, I’ve got the exercise thing sorted, it’s just the food side of things I need to tweak – I also think over use of the ‘it’s ok I’m off out on the bike tonight’ excuse may be to blame too.

miketually
    Free Member

I also think over use of the ‘it’s ok I’m off out on the bike tonight’ excuse may be to blame too.

Some people do seem to eat/drink an awful lot before/during/after bike rides. Waaay, way more than they need.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Some people do seem to eat/drink an awful lot before/during/after bike rides. Waaay, way more than they need.

I bought some electolyte tabs and gells to help with this, now I don’t eat any more before/after a ride with the exception of long rides Saturday & Sunday where I have a big glug of recovery drink after saturdays ride, otherwise I’m dead on Sunday. The gells live in my bacpack/pocket for when I’ve hit the wall if it comes, otherwise I dont eat anything out of the ordinary.

I’ve started eating idave meals but can’t be arsed with no milk in my tea or no biscuits etc (no a handfull of nuts or a raw carrot and celery does not substitute nicely!).

toby1

Take the piss – but you are an inch taller than me and about the same weight!!

One day maybe!

I run a couple of times a week, ride to work everyday and eat a boat load of cake, but for some reason I never seem to loose weight :p Not to worry though I had a full work up by the doctor recently and imminent death isn’t on the cards for me.

Good luck mate, it’s no fun not being quite how you would like to be. but the solution is something we are all in control of!

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I’m on the large side and have some spare fat but wouldn’t call myself fat

Isn’t this what most fatties say though?

Elmo
    Free Member

5’9 1/2 and i go over 100kg.
    That’s where the scales at work stop AND GET SCARED!

In a similar boat, but i lack the dietary discipline!
    And i’m not sure cycling alone will do it!
    Looking at some gym memberships. I used to be in pretty good shape. But really struggled and ballooned in the last 18 months-2 years.

redthunder
    Free Member

coffeeking
    Free Member

6’1 and 240lbs here. Not happy about it, but working on it. 1500 cals a day diet isn’t helping a jot. idave helped for a week or so but was impossible to continue due to work and available food commitments.

carlosg
    Free Member

kenneththecurtain – Member

I’m on the large side and have some spare fat but wouldn’t call myself fat

Isn’t this what most fatties say though?

Me fat.

ton

6ft4” and 22 stone at present. unable to exercise………come to your own conclusions.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘I'm fat, and I'm going to be honest about it’ is closed to new replies.