Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • I'm fat, and I'm going to be honest about it
  • Alex

It’s all a mystery to me but thanks to Gary M for that app. Enlightening! I think my brie and bacon lunchtime baguette upset it tho 🙂

Ride loads, eat less. Walk lots with mutt. Core strength and press ups make riding easier (not at the same time obviously), smaller food portions, no beer in the week mostly as it just makes me feel rubbish the next day at work, beer and cake on Fridays like Scud!

5ft11.77k. Happy 🙂

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Scud, that the issue i have, years of Rugby and weight training builds big upper body thats a lot of useless weight if you are trying to haul it up a mountain.

You have to really make a drastice reduction in your calorie intake and your body will adjust. You will never be a racing snake clearly you just dont have the body type, but getting inot the 14 stone range will be easily possible.

scud
    Free Member

Thanks Steve, resigned myself to never being a racing snake, but i find i am fine on the flat and downhill, but get dropped on the uphills, i’m getting better, but that is when you really notice hauling my bulk around.

It seems odd to want to lose muscle, but it will be a lot easier buying cycling clothes, recently bought a Howies XL cycling top, i’m not sure what there idea of XL is, but it looks tighter that being wrapped in cling film!

franksinatra

Hey Fat Fans.

I know everyone is on the edge of their seats wanting to know the update…..

95.0kg (down from 97.3kg last week)

I’ve stuck more or less to my diet, and been out for a couple of runs, it seems to be working.

I’m a little cynical that I have actually lost that much weight so going to introduce stricter weighing discipline. Weigh in will now be first thing Sunday morning, before breakfast, every week. Same scales, weighed three times.

Celebrated today by going to Browns for lunch. Three courses, including a steak and chips and cheesecake 😀

iDave
    Free Member

“Celebrated today by going to Browns for lunch. Three courses, including a steak and chips and cheesecake”

So you’re not that bothered about losing weight?

franksinatra

It was a special occasion. I am serious about losing weight but I’m not going to become too harsh about it. I’m not daft, I know that having a huge lunch today was not helpful

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought it was a valid strategy, the first few times I tried giving up smoking I developed the reward scheme of dulling the withdrawal symptoms by having a weekend fag. Then I realised… 😐

redthunder
    Free Member

Dont forget that home made cake has NO calories. FACT!

tazzymtb

Dont forget that home made cake has NO calories. FACT!

even better, get a home made cake from someone with very visible and flakey eczema……….that’ll ensure that only in the direst of cravings would you think about it

Solo
    Free Member

“Celebrated today by going to Browns for lunch. Three courses, including a steak and chips and cheesecake”

There !, consider yourself admonished in person, by the iGod !.

I missed your initial post.
    A combination of being banned and having a whole lot of other shit going on in my personal life right now.

Anyway, ref the above comment, consider yourself told

Going out to celebrate weight loss, by eating stuff that makes you, err, heavier.
    Possibly aint the way forward

I know that having a huge lunch today was not helpful

Yeah, right. So how come you did that then ?.
    Especially when… You could have had a great, Blow out lunch on food that wouldn’t register on the scales.
    😉

Can’t you see ?, if you get your food choices right
    You can have a great meal, AND avoid weight gain.

In the last 3 months, I’ve had more Indian restaurant meals than in the preceeding year.
    In addition to this, because of injury, I’ve not been able to get to the gym.
    Yet, upon recent weigh-in, I weighed 79Kg.
    Just 1Kg above my most recent lowest weight.
    So, how is this possible ?.
    I chose wisely, when dinning out ! and when eating generally.

Dude. Its a change in your lifestyle, that will bring about a leaner, fitter you.

Standing on some scales, seeing a weight loss.
    Then going out to celebrate.
    Aint, imo, the future for Mr Sinatra.

Still, its a funny ole thing.
    You know ?, you could pay someone money for advise.
    But, you don’t actually get what you paid for, infact you get NOTHING !.
    Still, perhaps not getting the service I paid for, IS the lesson.

FS.
    Consider yourself lucky that there is now soooo much advise and info on this ere forum for you to succeed in your goal.
    So really ?, it should be just a matter of time AND discipline.

Get with it, and you will WIN

redthunder
    Free Member

even better, get a home made cake from someone with very visible and flakey eczema……….that’ll ensure that only in the direst of cravings would you think about it

Make it yourself 🙂

franksinatra

I feel like I did when I used to get sent to the headmasters office at primary school.

Sorry.

The cheesecake wasn’t even that nice.

Will do better this week!

Solo
    Free Member

I feel like I did when I used to get sent to the headmasters office at primary school.

Sorry.

The cheesecake wasn’t even that nice.

Will do better this week!

Allright. Don’t worry.
    Its not the end of the world.
    But, I would suggest that you need to get your head in the right place.

Food is great, food is lovely.
    And d’ya know what ?, we need to eat to survive.

How lucky can you get ?.

Just eat the right stuff and then it all falls into place.
    AND, the lard falls off.

Again, how lucky can you be ?.

Come on FS, I believe you can do this and all the STW lurkers are now looking to you also.

Just get into different foods.
    That, given time, you WILL ENJOY just as much.

This is Doable !.

😉

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

before i went out for a ride today i had spaghetti and sausages, then when i got home i had two ham sandwiches and a packet of hula hoops, then the wife said i had sunday lunch waiting for me at the in laws so i went down and demolished a roast ham and chicken roast dinner with all the trimmings. Thinking about tea now. I am 15 and a half stone and 6ft 3 and you know what i dont care, i had run on my ride and you only live once..let the good times role

madhouse

Thanks for the App advice Gary_M, just started using it and it’s really enlightening! Really simple to use too so keeping an eye on the calories is easy.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat as the OP. Just been pointed in the direction of this thread by my SO. Last June I was about 87kg, 5’11”, but in September I started a PGCE which has taken up most of my free time so I rarely get out on the bike or go to the gym, I weighed in at 92kg in the gym in January! 😯
    I find I’m feeling a lot more tired so tend to snack more, also find on my school placements that lunch is usually around 1.30pm which seems late to me so I feel hungry by the time I get to eat, lots of late nights and stress doesn’t help either. I’m trying to make time for the bike and gym but sometimes just don’t feel like I have the energy. I can’t wait til the end of May when my course is over and I feel that I’ll be able to get back into the swing of a ‘normal’ life … for a while.
    That Myfitnesspal looks good, think I’ll give that a go to keep an eye on things.

freeridenick
    Free Member

You don’t see any fat runners. I wonder why…..

Run Forest run.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

franksinatra

94.4 this week, down from 95kg last week. Not as much as I would have like but going in the right direction

Solo
    Free Member

94.4 this week, down from 95kg last week. Not as much as I would have like but going in the right direction

Keep at it, hopefully you’ll get to where you want to be.
    😉

stumpy01

franksinatra – Member

1.3 lbs/week would be a decent result, I reckon.

I think this is some of the problem with losing weight. People get a couple of good results early on and think that all the weight will fall off like that.
    Then when it slows down, they get disheartened or think it isn’t worth the effort….1lb/week is over 3.5 stone in a year……sounds OK to me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

73.5kg for me… lightest I’ve been for ever.

SubstanceD
    Free Member

I like the old saying – no one lays on their death bed thinking “oh god if only I was thinner”

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I bet that some say..

‘oh god, if only I had been thinner, if only I had been fitter’

iDave
    Free Member

they may think that ^^^ if obesity was contributing to an early death

‘morbidly obese’ – the clue is in the name

molgrips
    Free Member

I was about to say the same thing iDave 🙂

andyfla
    Free Member

I use the livestrong website and app to monitor my calorie intake.

Dropped a stone in the last few months (from 13 to 12 stone)

Worked for me

madhouse

Frank, over 1lb a week is actually good! That’s the thing with kilo’s, the drop doesn’t sound like much so you don’t feel as good as you should – well done!!

cr500dom
    Free Member

I started at 79.5 kg back in Jan but I’m only 5’6″ on a good day 😉

I’m now down to 72kg and that looks to be all fat loss.

My excercise in the same time I have been “Dieting” is far less than it was pre diet, and I have lost far more weight.

I am following iDave – 4hr Body, and it is very sustainable for me
    the weight loss has backed off a bit the last couple of weeks but then so has my good carb intake.
    I need to get a little stricter again I think. but it still doesnt feel like a diet, just a different way of eating.
    I dont miss the hunger mid afternoon, the blood sugar level fluctuations, the additional mucous…..all of which have disappeared since changing the food I eat.

I did a 50 mile club road ride the other weekend and felt a lot better than the last time I was out, the 17lbs less I am carting about helps everywhere !!
    want to get back into my 10 mile commute soon as well which should help bring the fitness back up again too.

joolsburger
    Free Member

You should worry. Fat is what I am – 6ft tall 115kg maybe more! Was down to around 93kg last september but have balloned in the last six months. I’m still riding but it’s a chore not a pleasure largely because it’s hard bloody work. Back to the gym daily at the moment and very angry with myself.

iDave
    Free Member

gym isn’t the way to go about it JB – IMO

joolsburger
    Free Member

Last lot of loss was a combination of healthy eating and an hour in the gym five days plus 3 long rides a week and it worked, without making excuses I come from a family of fatties and I kept it off for years but in the last two I’ve just balloned, I’m open to suggestions idave I have your diet sheet at home.

izakbar
    Free Member

(without wishing to make it a tummy wagging contest)
    Dude, you are not fat. I am fat.

I am 6ft tall and I was 25.5st Jan 2011 (yes – you did read that correctly). I Started riding and I am now (just) under 19st – (quite a few more st to go though!).

I did about 3500 miles in 2011 and aim to do 5k miles this year.

Trying to work on the n plus one at present, will see how that goes.

Main (simple) things that I think have made it happen :
    * Hills…
    * Eat less (and/or eat less crap – bin biccies and crisps and use grapes/apples. Eat more fish and chicken and less burgers – porridge for breakfast before 10am, soups for lunch.. etc, etc.)
    * Hills…
    * Do more physical exercise (not just cycling, run up stairs, etc)
    * Hills…
    * Don’t drink alcohol through the week (I have a bottle of wine friday nights now)
    * Hills… (Yes, I live in the pennines – everywhere is a ~1300ft hill)

Oh, and just to complete the mental image for you… yes I wear lycra 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

80-90% diet, or there about.

….it’s why i’m a fat knacker despite clocking up 200 running miles in Feb.

*reaches for creme egg*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Really? Way more fun though…

Jamie
    Free Member

*reaches for another creme egg*

legspin
    Free Member

I love the only way is iDave stuff here. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*reaches for another creme egg*

😐

legspin
    Free Member

throw one here yeti

Jamie
    Free Member

*reaches for skinned cat*

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘I'm fat, and I'm going to be honest about it’ is closed to new replies.