Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • I'm dont have a Facebook or Twitter account….
  • easygroove
    Free Member

am i weird?
    am i missing out on something?
    I cant really be arsed with yet another place on the ‘computer’ that will consume/waste my time

Any other non facebookers, twatterers?

meehaja
    Free Member

Three’s a facebook group mocking you now.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m don’t have …..

You would fit right in on Twitter/ Facespace :mrgreen:

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Who cares! your either on or not? if its a not, then frankly your missing out and its pi$$ easy to set either one up but i’d plump for FB. why am i bothering ❗

Jamie
    Free Member

You would fit right in on Twitter/ Facespace

Seems almost overqualified.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Myface?

samcamsdad

i have a life, i dont use facebook or twitter!
    And i dont feel like im missing anything important!

jota180
    Free Member

And i dont feel like im missing anything important!

what about all the campaigns to have things like pocket money raised and stuff like that?

mu3266
    Free Member

Facebook is a pain in the arse but due to me constantly moving around for my job, it’s the only way to ensure I can stay in touch with all my friends. And before you say “write a letter” the Royal Mail doesn’t do ocean collections.

Rich
    Free Member

All the breaking news is first released on Twitter, if that interests you (and you’re following the right accounts)?

RagTi
    Free Member

You are seriously missing out!!!.

Earlier this week when we had the day of snow (about 1″ in Hebden), it appeared that everyone my wife knows on FB posted a crappy poor res picture of their back garden, with the obligatory 1″ of snow, with the album headed “snow!!!!!”….

I have neither, and proud to F&%k of the fact.

easygroove
    Free Member

at 40, it seemed to pass me by and i just could not be bothered to get with the FB / twatter program

mojo5pro
    Free Member

“FB & twitter” vs “real life” …you choose!

thepodge
    Free Member

Lolz at people moaning on the internet about people wasting time and not being interesting on the internet

dreednya

You need Arsebook – the new on-line community for talking s**t 😆

[/quote] thepodge – Member
    Lolz at people moaning on the internet about people wasting time and not being interesting on the internet

Lol ;p

Looks like quotes don’t work on iPhones?

jambalaya
    Free Member

You’ve got them the wrong way round – [/ goes at the end

Facebook is useful for staying in touch with people/groups and getting notifications about things you’re interested in, including of course bike stuff. Together with Skype its the best way to stay in touch with my kids two of whom live abroad.

dogbert
    Free Member

Earlier this week when we had the day of snow (about 1″ in Hebden), it appeared that everyone my wife knows on FB posted a crappy poor res picture of their back garden, with the obligatory 1″ of snow, with the album headed “snow!!!!!”….

Everyone is a reviewer of life now, pics have to be posted, opinions have to be given.

At work yesterday it was quiet and we were having a discussion. The office drama queen took offence to what everyone was saying, but decided to have a 5 tweet rant about me calling me this and that but only posted what she thought she heard so her twitter mates would pander to her. Wouldn’t be so bad if she hadn’t completely missed the point, It’s also funny because she thinks she’s totally anonymous.

Kinda the problem now, peoples brain filters were removed with the invention of social networking.

Duggan

Haven’t got either, but I really don’t think it’s that radical or subversive not to. I’m sure plenty don’t.

I mean I don’t have a greenhouse, but I don’t think that defines me in any way.

PrinceJohn

Twitter is pretty useless…

Facebook however, is good if you’ve got friends who’ve spread out all over the world & want to keep in touch.
    Good for sharing photo’s from group rides/swinging.
    Good for easy bit of webspace for clubs/activities meeting new people this way (who wouldn’t know that the rides were happening else)

It is bad for the amount of crap that some people spout.

So in conclusion it’s a bit like STW but with more people you’ve met in real life. Probably.

brant
    Free Member

Twitter’s spread of popularity is amazing. The fact that a “tweet this” button has been added into Apple’s iOS5 operating system is quite remarkable.

Also amazing is that the US Navy released details of the plane crash “by their official twitter feed” according to the news last night.

beej

You need to sign up to Google+ right now.

coogan
    Free Member

That just about settles this thread. Quailty reply. :mrgreen:

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

None of them are anywhere near as entertaining as STW though. 😕

zilog6128

Also amazing is that the US Navy released details of the plane crash “by their official twitter feed” according to the news last night.

Yes, amazing that someone would want to release important news as quickly and reliably as possible 🙄

The funniest thing about new technology is that all the people who can’t get their heads around it will always decry it and wear their befuddlement like a badge of honour. Anyways, I’m off for a ride on my penny farthing.

richmars

The funniest thing about new technology is that all the people who can’t get their heads around it will always decry it and wear their befuddlement like a badge of honour. Anyways, I’m off for a ride on my penny farthing.

I don’t thing it’s a technology thing. I love new technology but I don’t do twitter or Facebook. I’m just not the sort of person that is attracted by this type of thing; I’ve only just seen the need to use a mobile phone, again not because it’s ‘new technology’ but because I don’t want to be contacted, or to contact people, all the time.
    It’s not a luddite thing, I just don’t like it.

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

just to say i dont either lets make a facebook page for ourselfs….doh

smell_it
    Free Member

So all those Facebook or ‘a life’ folk, feel that people posting banal dross for their friends and family to comment is so much less worthwhile than posting banal dross on a forum for random strangers to comment on then?
    Hmmm ok.

miketually
    Free Member

Facebook = keeping in touch with family, friends, ex-students and colleagues.

Twitter = the best professional development you’ll every have, combined with the most up-to-date news and opinion, plus bike inspiration, and the push I needed to start baking bread.

If you think either of them are boring, it’s probably a reflection on you and/or your family, friends, life, interests, work, …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Both are utterly marvelous sources of information. I use the both on a very regular basis.

I have an account for neither.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

never had twithead and ive closed my farcebook account down weeks ago, im a better more productive and even better looking human being for doing so 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

I do not have or use marmalade. I can only assume, as I don’t use it, it must be shit and all those who use it idiots.

/satire

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘I'm dont have a Facebook or Twitter account….’ is closed to new replies.