Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I'm considering buying a diesel, am I stupid ?
  • TheWrongTrousers

Following on from my earlier topic :

Am I stupid to be considering a diesel given the fact that some cities are talking about banning diesels now and this will probably only get worse with the current VW aggro.

Should I be thinking petrol instead ?

Muchos gracias in advance

Onzadog
    Free Member

tick.

T1000
    Free Member

You’d be mad to make a decision based upon the sensational comments and doom mongers views posted on this forum…

Wait until the dust settles on the VW case it’s possible all the other manufactures and so called wonder technologies will get found out as well

imnotverygood

Buy a VW now, while you still can.

TheWrongTrousers

Funnily enough, I’ve already got a VW diesel !
    Nothing’s ever ****’ easy, is it ?

v8ninety

Anything that happens as a result of the recent furore is most likely going to happen incrementally. Buy a car that suits your circumstances right now, as nothing else is in any way certain.

fasthaggis

Take your time ,if it’s anything like your choice in clothes you could be making a mistake. 😛

Drac

No.

sharkbait
    Free Member

some cities are talking about banning diesels

Are they going to have a different set of rules for buses, lorries, vans and [some trains]?
    Diesel’s not going anywhere soon.
    Other manufacturers can make engines that meet the limits (BIL just buying a Discovery that’s completely compliant), it’s just that VW ‘decided’ not to and cheat instead.
    Buy what you want, but maybe not something with a 1.2,1.6 or 2.0L diesel VW engine at the moment.

Daffy

sharkbait – Member
    BIL just buying a Discovery that’s completely compliant

So certain are you?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I would be buying on lease or pcp.

All cars are going to be found dodgy including petrol, so what you going to buy then?

RobHilton
    Free Member

DaffyYoda – Member
    So certain are you?

retro83
    Free Member

sharkbait – Member
    some cities are talking about banning diesels

Are they going to have a different set of rules for buses, lorries, vans and [some trains]?

Pretty sure they already have different limits under Euro6.

edit: yep, here you go
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_emission_standards#Emission_standards_for_passenger_cars
    scroll down

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I'm considering buying a diesel, am I stupid ?’ is closed to new replies.