Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I'm back (after a very long break) and advice on kids bike
  • shoogly
    Free Member

Hi everyone. Some of you may remember me from my time on here in the early days.

Anyway, due to a couple of pretty bad injuries, i had decided to take time out from biking and give my body a break. Well, i'm now looking to get back into it but i have a couple of things i'd like to do first.

First off is get rid of my old Orange Sub Zero and get something lighter, slightly less manic.

And, in a couple of weeks time it's our daughter's 2nd birthday. i've been looking at the early rider bikes for her present and wonder if there's much experience of them on here.

Any, hello again and i look forward to your responses.

Any old names still on here?

warton
    Free Member

aren't islabikes supposed to be good? expensive, but good

cynic-al
    Free Member

Friend got a balance bike in JL IIRC, £40?

shoogly
    Free Member

ah, hello cynic-al!!!

what is JL?

yetidave
    Free Member

got our first a Norco runner bike for £40 (not sure what its really called), mate just picked up a "scoot" from halfords, which should also do the job for about £40 also. We are now onto an Islabike for her first proper bike with pedals and brakes.

marc
    Free Member

I just used any old thing with stabalisers on for my kids. Then got them better stuff when they got bigger and started going on proper rides.

Don't you hang round wintersports sites?

cynic-al
    Free Member

John Lewis, and Hello back!

Albanach
    Free Member

JL = John Lewis I think.

shoogly
    Free Member

thanks for the replies folks. I'll put a WTD on here and if nothing shows up at least i have a few options. 🙂

marc… i've been known to frequent snowheads from time to time – you stalking me? 😯

shoogly
    Free Member

My thinking about getting back into biking is to get rid of my sub zero, as i doubt i'll be in need of such a bombproof bike in the future. plan is to get as much for this as i can and get a nice comfy full bouncer (maybe 5" each end) although i'm not really sure where we're at with the latest evolution of bikes.

my sub zero

Anyone know what my sub zero would be likely to get. It's in pretty dam good condition apart from a small ding in the down tube just above the G of Orange and the bottom bracket could do with replacing. as far as i recall, it's a 2006 bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I'm back (after a very long break) and advice on kids bike’ is closed to new replies.