Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Rutland cycles anyone used them?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Ordered a CK BB,chain and Hope brake thingymajig.

Placed order Friday not heard anything else since and I dont do phones!

Anyone else ordered from them? feedback please

Rich

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

yep.

great.

tails
    Free Member

yeah they are a sound business. Think couple of the guys that work there go n the SDH forum.

neninja
    Free Member

I've got a few items from them before and had no issues with their service

matthew_h
    Free Member

I ordered a helmet that was in stock. Took a week to get an email saying they had despatched the order which I thought was a bit long really. It did arrived the following day though.

postierich
    Free Member

Thanks guys their stuff seems very well priced with free delivery!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

having same issue with charlie the bike monger 🙁

although rutland have been good in the past for me.

don't get me started on middleburn though… 👿

tails
    Free Member

Not middleburns fault it's these lazy postmen!!!!

_tom_
    Free Member

I've used em a few times. First time they were great. Last two they were awful. Took about 2 weeks to tell me an item was out of stock.

TooTall
    Free Member

Used to use them. Got lied to and messed about by them. Won't use them again.

tomhughes46

I bought a bike off them. They shipped it to my billing address, not my delivery address, but did give me a refund for the fuel to go get it.

Ordered a brake lever, took a while to back order it but eventually it came, same with a set of bars. GF ordered a helmet, came next day.

Would buy from them again but not anything I needed urgently, or might call to check it was in stock.

drain

As _tom_ above – had used them many times and had prompt service, but I have just had to send them a reminder on what progress has been made for an item which was part of an order for three items placed 2 months ago to the day 😕

One arrived promptly, the other in a fortnight, the other's in limbo it would seem. Ho hum, it's a competitive market.

redthunder
    Free Member

Yes

Good.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

tails, do you work for them?

if so, can you tell me what the heck is going on with the x-type cranks and the re-machineing for bikes with wider chainstays?
    mine has been back with them since a week after they were released, with messages and phone calls not being returned. i've no idea when i will get my £200 cranks back. furthermore, can you ask them to PLEASE send out the replacement RS8 non-driveside crank arm they have been promising to send me for the past 2 months? my initials are TM, and i live in KY16.

i'm giving middleburn a week until i cancel that order, and get a refund on my x-type cranks.

👿

tails
    Free Member

Sorry buddy, my comment was tongue in cheek aimed at postierich. Sounds frustrating can you need get the shop you bought them from to hassle them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, used them and had good service.

More than can be said for certain people on here!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ah, sorry tails… if only it were the posties…
    if i can't get through to them tomorrow, i will be involving the shop.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Variable. Sometimes brilliant. Sometimes stuff on the site not in stock but a few great bargains. Not as good as Merlin, CRC or Wiggle. Not as bad as Bonthrone.

ddmonkey

Yep, spoke to a human being in the shop and was given a very good deal on some forks, which were then quickly delivered.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

rutland generally good. Watch out if you buy anything from their real shop though as the prices are a lot higher than on the website (although if you point that out they will price match it).

It frustrates me that shops do that – i think it is a bit dishonest to charge a different price to those who have web access. Fine if it was a web only shop, but surely the overheads are the same whichever way you purchase from them?

sorry. rant over.

nickegg
    Free Member

I placed an order with them last Thursday for a chainstay protector and a mech hanger for my Zesty.

Had an email late on Friday to say said weren't in stock and would be coming from the distributor within 7 days. I checked Hotlines and both items i ordered are out of stock so god knows when i'll get the items i ordered.

dst
    Free Member

I have used them and the service was very good. My son works there as well which makes me a tad biased….

goonie
    Free Member

great outfit good communication they price match they are one of a few bike shops I deal with

Blurboy
    Free Member

Some good deals available but no live stock position on the web site so can be a lottery. If in stock delivery good, if not they are dependent on their wholesaler or supplier – service can drop. Worth a try if not desperate for a quick delivery but don't expect CRC next day service.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ring them first if you need the item in decent time. Stock control on the website, which was promised last year i think, never did materialised so you run the risk of ordering out of stock items. Which they will then order from suppliers while negating to let you know this.

postierich
    Free Member

Very poor!!!!! took 4 days for them to reply.
    recieved an email saying no Chris King BB in stock will take about 7 days to get in stock.
    Hi Richard,

Thank you for your order (46476), unfortunately we are currently out of stock of the following product(s):

Product name Model No Quantity
    Bottom Bracket — Shimano MOUNTAIN BIKE Bottom Bracket — Shimano Mtn Blue 1

They should have a online stock control 😐

We will be ordering the item(s) today, and they should take no longer than one week to come into stock. Once they have arrived we shall send them out on a priority delivery service.

nickegg
    Free Member

I've had exactly the same email regarding my Zesty items.

How do they know it'll take no more than 7 days when the distributor don't even have stock!

Del

have ordered a few times, but as above, wouldn't order anything i was in a hurry for. they're a few quid cheaper but pretty much everything i've bought has had to be ordered in. one item i had to go back and ask them about again, but it turned up pretty sharply afterwards, in fairness.
    so, could do better, but pretty good on price.

zaskar
    Free Member

Never had a major problem and they have been around now for a while.

Probably the only decent bike shop in the area.

postierich
    Free Member

Hmmm

cancelled my order yesterday after getting the email yesterday saying not in stock (Tuesday) got this today saying they have sent the order on Monday with parcelforce48 and I should recieve today!!!!
    Hello Richard,

Your order was dispatched out to you Monday 10th May. This will be going with 48hr Parcel Force and therefore should be with you today.

As this was before the request the to cancel unfortunately we cannot stop the delivery.

We apologise if this causes any inconvenience.

Best Regards

Rutland Cycling

Very strange seeing that they did not have in stock yesterday afternoon!

Whats the bet they drag it out

postierich
    Free Member

They tell fibs big style, obviously parcel did not turn up then I get an email saying my card has been declined and to ring them so I did, went along with them then asked wtf was going on stll no CK in stock and they were sending the disc adapter but wanted full payment for my order… Pah

I would say avoid buying online.

stumpy01

I've ordered stuff from Rutland Cycling before as have 3 or my riding mates.
    Every one of us has had some kind of problem with orders – generally it's stuff not being in stock when it is on the website and so having to wait a number of weeks to arrive.

Probably the only decent bike shop in the area.

– if you are actually going to the shop, then Terry Wright's in Market Deeping are pretty good. Not as large as Rutland, but have a good level of general stuff & always helped me out in the past.

Jamie
    Free Member

The prob with Rutland Cycles store is that for some strange reason they will not match the website prices….even though they are the same company.

Mounty_73

Ordered stuff from them a few times, no problem.

yetidave
    Free Member

I've used them, fast, good price, through e-bay i seam to remember, if that makes a difference?

andrewh
    Free Member

Their wheelbuilding skills leave a lot to be desired.

louis1978uk
    Free Member

i use rutland cycles all the time their ebay shop stinks for service eg bad communication from time too time or item out of shock but you will always get what you order they are very professional and i still use them today they have stores at rutland and grafham water near buckden north of st neots off the A1 at least as good as evans cycles and their techs know their stuff!But as per previous post dont get them to build wheels for you order their pre mades other than that awesome.

1 thing to bare in mind rutland have stores and a warehouse all online and ebays orders are from warehouse which is run as a seperate entity and tbh fails badly,instore i cant knock them though,maybe cheaper pricing wouldnt hurt but cant have it all.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    The prob with Rutland Cycles store is that for some strange reason they will not match the website prices….even though they are the same company.

They did last summer when I bought my Exposure Joystick. The guy simply checked the system and then price matched. Was just a bit grumbly about the fact that the marked up price was so much higher…

but obviously i was very polite in the shop to get the match – it was the best price anywhere on t'internet 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I must have got unlucky then as the best they would do is split the difference on a Topeak Mighty Mountain Morph.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

they're shite, really shite

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Rutland cycles anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.