Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ilness, I seem to catch every bloody bug
  • Tango-Man
    Free Member

Not to sutre if anyone can help with this, bbut, I had a severe spinal injury in Dec 2006 and the subsequent treatement and breakdown of infections pretty much wiped out my immune system.

So, here we are almost 3 years on, and, I get every cold, sniffle, cough, chest infection that my kids get as well as the ones my wife has and any others that are available, I get them, now I never used to be like this, I'd be ill possible once or twice per year, now it is one or twice per month lasting for days at a time, the latest one is a a cold\cough that had been lingering for the best part of 2 months, if I overdo it during the day, it hits me later in the evening\following day.

I am seeing the Doc on wednesday morning and I am awaiting some blood test results.

Any ideas what I can do to help, I need to look at my diet I think and exercise is almost at an end due to the fact, whenever I exercise, I end up ill.

Chris

grumm
    Free Member

I have had similar, though not as bad. Been on antibiotics a few times for infections and over the last year or so I have been ill on and off pretty much constantly. I'm going for a blood test today. Don't have any words of wisdom to offer though I'm afraid. 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member

Do you use the train a lot?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

How often do you ride / do exercise?

I used to ride more than my body liked and picked up loads of bugs etc – pulled back a bit and things seem a lot better.

Doesn't help that I have two hectic kids and quite a busy life which all adds in – hoping that as they get less demanding I'll be able to push it more.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

Bushwacked, I'm hardly doing any riding or exercising, I ride, I get ill, I recover, I exercise, I get ill, I recover, it is a never ending circle, I was told my immune systen would take a while to recover, not to sure how long a while is though

I take the car to work, work in a in an office but I cannot afford any more time off, at the moment I am sat here, shaking as I feel so cold, wearing a gillet whilst everyone else is in shirts, with a huge coldsore(I get these when I am run down)pee'd off doesn't cover it

Chris

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I just re-read your post and noticed you aren't exercising much – how much do you do when you exercise and how much recovery time do you take before you next exercise??

Might be worth seeing a nutritionist too…

Pieface

Are you getting enough quality sleep?

Tango-Man
    Free Member

I am down to walking and the odd bike ride, not hammering it at all, the bike I may do a 90 minute ride, before the inury it would have taken me about 45 minutes. I am not going hell for leather and being silly, I have had so many false starts trying to ease back into it.

Nutritionist, seen one, my diet is pretty good (I have to discount the weekend due to 2 kiddies parties and a 60th!)

Christ, I'm a whining bitch!!

alexxx
    Free Member

if your car has aircon check the system out

Bushwacked
    Free Member

damp in your house? kids? odd job?

BigJohn

Just a wild guess but does "TangoMan" drink lots of orange juice?

I'm sure I'm not allergic to oranges in the official sense, but if I consume any, I get really bad flu-like symptoms. Same with high dosees of vitamin C.

I'm fine with lemons & limes, just oranges that get me.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

House isn't damp, kids yes, 2 of them, they bring me lots of illnesses, I'm sure they mean no harm 😆

Job, office based, not to odd, although some of the people are

Chris

Bushwacked
    Free Member

If its any comfort I have two young kids and find I get run down really easily (but not as much as you say)

phiiiiil

Do you use the train a lot?

The gf has the lurgy at the moment; she's convinced that every time she gets on a train she comes down with something…

rob2
    Free Member

do you get enough sleep?

I've just had the oddest start to a week of work. Was in a meeting but had to leave after 5mins to be violently sick.

Either its from a dodgy coffee this morning or its from the sleep deprivation from my 9 month old.

Bunnyhop

It's good that you're seeing the doctor and getting blood test results. You may be anaemic or have fatique syndrome.
    Ask the doctor lots of questions and hopefully the test results will provide some answers.
    I'm guessing you're young and it may just take time.

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

check out Elagen, it really is an excellent immune system booster. Proof in the pudding – my gf used to suffer from recurrent cold sores (about 2 a month), since taking Elagen she barely gets 1-2 a year now.

matt_outandabout

My wife (and I know some others on STW) has been diagnosed with common variable immune deficiency – worth asking about as she spent 4years+ getting ever sniffle, cold and bug going, that always went on her chest and ended up three times in hospital with pneumonia.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I've often found changing jobs does it to me. A whole new office of bugs circulating in aircon systems, usually takes 6m of continual colds, or blocked noses before I seem to become "immune" to the crap in the air.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ilness, I seem to catch every bloody bug’ is closed to new replies.