Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ikea advert
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Is it just me, or is it seriously, disturbingly creepy?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DK_0q97pe8[/video]

crikey
    Free Member

It’s just you.

kcr
    Free Member

Pretty creepy if you are of a certain age. Did it remind you of this?

stevied
    Free Member

The Ikea one is seriously weird but I like it so that must make me weird too! Happy days 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

It reminds me of Thunderbirds. Perhaps someone from Ikea is a Gerry Anderson fan and made the ad’ in hommage. The decors in Thunderbirds were better than anything in Ikea though.

Madame and I have now reached an agreement on Ikea. If it’s better quality and at least 100e cheaper than anything we can buy locally then I’m prepared to enter the Ikea maze (but only if I can start screaming “fire” and then break out of the place via the fire doors if it turns out that what looked good in the catalogue is in fact the usual junk). This agreement means that the last things we bought in Ikea are the 15-year-old and painfully uncomfortable kitchen chairs and a light that won’t take anything but the original Ikea bulbs.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

a new aussie soap?…the characters are wooden enough! 😆

dingabell
    Free Member

It totally freaks my wife out….but so do clowns, ventriloquist dummies, masks of any kind and those laughing puppets in the glass boxes that you get on seaside piers.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

+1 for “those laughing puppets in the glass boxes that you get on seaside piers”

molgrips
    Free Member

and a light that won’t take anything but the original Ikea bulbs.

The Ikea bulbs are standard fittings, but they are just harder to find depending on the country you are in. The internet is probably your best bet. The smaller lamps use ‘small edison screw’ or SES.

Ikea’s own brand energy savers are dire, but they are the easiest to find sadly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ikea advert’ is closed to new replies.