Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • If you could run the "Nanny State"?….
  • chopperT
    Free Member

After two years as house husband, I finally get to go back to full time work, though not for very much net gain, as child care is more expensive than a bike hobby by far!
    Having this week "engaged" a nanny for our two boys (2.5 & 4 yrs), I find myself struggling with a "job description". She's more than a babysitter, but not a housekeeper. So what is reasonable to ask of a nanny? I figure she should be reasonably expected to take care of any household task that is directly related to the children, beds, laundry (theirs), etc.
    Opinions?

willard

Just makes sure her idea of nannying is not to just plonk the kids in front of the TV and leave them there for 8 hours.

Junkyard
    Free Member

just make sure they understand you pay the wages and they do as you ask within reason.
    Draw up a contract (are they registered as they should have done this)listing hours and tasks you expect them to do washing, cleaning etc
    Negotiate /discuss/ ask them what they think is reasonable
    A good one is worth their weight in Gold
    Get family tax credit or childcare vouchers to help with costs of childcare.
    If they are not registered PLEASE STOP unles you have known them all your life they are family etc

binners

Duties eh? What does she look like? 🙂

chopperT
    Free Member

Binners, don't go there… I'll only get in trouble.

BigJohn

Have you chosen the uniform yet?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Will she supply her own naughty step?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘If you could run the "Nanny State"?….’ is closed to new replies.