Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • If you could only ride 1 place for ever more?
  • ruscle
    Free Member

A debate started on another thread about if a set of hills was the best mtb area, only 1 way to see. My vote if I could only cycle in 1 place till I die would be the Quantocks. What’s yours?

trailmonkey

the alps

partyboy
    Free Member

Turbo trainer in the garage.

trailmonkey

make sure to occasionaly turn the bars to keep it technical 😉

saladdodger
    Free Member

yep tis the Q’s for me to

Junkyard
    Free Member

What tyres am I using?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

British Columbia without a doubt.

clunker

Would go back to where I used to ride as a kid back in 1988, and still do today……Cannock Chase its in my blood.

jedi

anywhere as long as i have a bike

knottie8
    Free Member

One place only would be too boring . Yawn.

mk1fan
    Free Member

To date – All of the Alps.

That may change after Whistler in 2014

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

BC. Where else? LOL

dropoff

Exmoor

grum
    Free Member

I’m gonna have to try one day to see what all the fuss is about, but the Quantocks? Really?

It would be the alps for me, or in this country the Lakes is pretty sweet, but I’d take the highlands if that counts as one area.

Never been biking in BC but I suspect that would be the best.

ruscle
    Free Member

Saying all the alps is a bit vague, tis like saying Scotland! Keep em coming

fasthaggis

BC

knottie8
    Free Member

this is what al the fuss is about ! cute aint it.

Raindog
    Free Member

Saying BC is like saying Europe ! I’d stick with North Wales, cos if I said anywhere else I wouldn’t be able to ride very often.

ruscle
    Free Member

Come on, some have you should be more specific than half a country! Try a local area or set of hills, nice to see no trail centres have been mentioned.

trailmonkey

i could name several local areas but they’d all be in the alps so i’ll save bandwidth and just say (again)

the alps

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Mons Huygens on the Moon with a total drop of 5500 metres is hard to beat, but the place lacks atmosphere…

lowey

Lakes

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Bristol.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Try a local area or set of hills, nice to see no trail centres have been mentioned.

If I couldn’t move then Mabie (it’s the closest)- but off the track. Been here nearly 3 years and still havn’t ridden/ found it all. Can be out for hours without seeing a trail centre sign. So yes it is a trail centre, but you don’t have to ride it as one!

If I could move then the trails around Briancon in French alps would get a very good vote. Never see anyone else riding the trails and not a lift in sight…

fasthaggis

Saying BC is like saying Europe

Ok , Squamish wins then.

But in the wings

Nelson 2nd

Fernie 3rd

Sunshine Coast 4th

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Bunch of bike snobs, do I really need to tell you exactly where in BC & what I would like to ride? I notice that you lot don’t have a pop at someone who says the Lakes or Wales.

Pathetic.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Ibiza
    There’s not one standout trail there that’s better than a lot of well known trails but I’m never happier than when I’m on the bike over there.

hughjardon
    Free Member

Croft Woods 😆

rob2
    Free Member

Lol Hugh beat me to it!

scaredypants

there’s this one line, in the woods behind Na…

Whoah, I’ve said too much already. Move along

Burls72
    Free Member

Q’s, lived in the lakes but missed them. Trouble with the lakes is every ride turns into an epic which becomes very boring, okay for a week or two but anymore, yawn. Q’s you can just ride, anywhere and you can ride it all, up or down. Can’t speak for the alps or scotland but would imagine it’s the same.

Bez

Languedoc. Probably Hérault if you want more specific.

Hairychested
    Free Member

The Sudeten Mountains (either in Polaand or Czech Republic). Rode there till I was 21, great variety and not too many people around.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhqBggnefeY[/video]

mansell
    Free Member

Something like this after having descended for an hour to get to and then another 30 minutes to go and lifts back up to the top.

Buff alpine singletrack link

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sigh = my riding experience is mostly limited to South West England and Wales + select bits of The Lakes and The Highlands which limits my choices.

The place I always look forward to visiting is around Horner/Porlock and Minehead. But in good nick, I would have to plump for my home-hills: The Mendip, simply because I know its secrets and admire its extent and variety.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

London.

But you knew that anyway… 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

In the UK – the Carneddi mountains in Snowdonia

Worldwide – Fruita, Colorado

grum
    Free Member

Trouble with the lakes is every ride turns into an epic which becomes very boring

Eh?

Ambrose

In the UK- Powys.

In Europe- Portes du Soleil.

Worldwide- I don’t have enough experience to comment.

Knottie- I like that, the riding is wonderful, really great 🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

In order:

The Colorado Rockies.
    Moab
    Salida
    Lakes

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘If you could only ride 1 place for ever more?’ is closed to new replies.