Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • If you could go into space would you ?
  • GrahamS

Would I be allowed to take a GoPro?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Would I be allowed to take a GoPro?

whats wrong with any old camera? But yes !

maccruiskeen

Not really – not as a commercial traveller. As an astronaut, playing golf on the moon and and all that jazz, yeah I’d do that if the chance was offered, as a holiday maker – no. Its just a seat and a view out the window, like a flight. Flying to off on your hols is just a seat and window, take off and landing is fun, not much more to get excited about between those two points though. If they’d let me have a go on the rudder, or let me jump out the window then thats ‘flying’. I still think its worth a shot for all the passengers to have a whip round and bribe the pilot to pull a few parabolic arcs mid-trip that would also be ‘flying’ – but otherwise being a passenger is just being a passenger.

mogrim

Definitely, surprised to hear there are people that wouldn’t want to!

Boing!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriH-8yeqcE&feature=kp[/video]

julianwilson
    Free Member

Yes.

Always thought it was a strange twist that despite losing the space race and arguably being priced out of the cold war, a 50 year old (well, give or take a few versions/revisions) Soviet spacecraft is for the time being at least the space vehicle of choice.

Shown to scale with space shuttle. The bit that comes back down is just the little bit in the middle too, about the size of a smallish family car inside!

sweepy
    Free Member

If i’d been that kid in ET i’d have gone like a shot.

matthewjb
    Free Member

No for me.

For those who have said yes I recommend reading Chris Hadfield’s biography. It gives an insight into what it’s really like.

It may not put you off but it will change how you think about it.

antigee

sounds like its better than Swindon!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JjJzMBGUwo[/video]

slowoldman

sounds like its better than Swindon!

I think large parts of that film were on location in Swindon.

Space exploration has been the one big adventure throughout my life really. I was a bit young for Sputnik and Gagarin but Mercury onward fascinated me. Apollo was just incredible. I’m sure looking down on the Earth from orbit is a staggering experience but I think space may be for robots at the moment. I’m astonished by what has been achieved by probes and rovers over the years.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Try it with the missus every night to no avail. 😀

richpips
    Free Member

In a Sci-Fi lets go and climb mountains on Mars next weekend way yes.

The current to be offered pop into space and back no ta.

Having said that the Baumgartner thing was pretty amazing to watch.

shermer75
    Free Member

My bike is my space ship and I launch into warp speed every time I set off from the lights (until I start getting overtaken). Make it so!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Meh.. It’s all just a bit overrated.

shermer75
    Free Member

You’ve been?!?? Omg what’s it like??!!

ojom
    Free Member

I have brought fire to many planets who resisted the will of Mankind.

For The Emperor!

(I dream of being a terminator space marine but I am a few thousand years early).

willard

Would it be too early to say “Fsck yeah!!!”?

Yes, I would go if offered the chance. Sod the small spaces, I want to go to visit other planets.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘If you could go into space would you ?’ is closed to new replies.