Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • If they go, we go
  • cranberry
    Free Member

There’s an interesting article in the Spectator regarding Swedish reactions to the prospect of the UK leaving the EU – it seems that if we leave then they are likely to take their bat and ball home as well.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/swedes-tell-britain-if-you-leave-the-eu-well-follow/

The two countries could make for a fine free-trade area – meatballs and lingonberry sauce coming our way tarrif-free and us exporting whatever it is we export ( Pontefract cakes ? floury baps ? ) their way.

takisawa2

Cheap Daim bars…I’m in.

Out. (But in for the Daim bars, I meant).

brooess
    Free Member

It’s rather worrying that what began as a local spat amongst the Tories, is now leading to several senior world leaders getting involved.

Cameron needs to be got rid of asap for this misjudgment alone – the problem is one for him to manage as an internal disagreement and he’s managed to make it a problem for all our allies and trading partners, and holding the whole country to ransom! How on earth did he manage to escalate it so spectacularly?

maccruiskeen

( Pontefract cakes ? floury baps ? )

Nectar Points

allthegear
    Free Member

It is exactly because of fear of such a situation arising that the core members of the EU will come down like a tonne* of bricks on the UK if it does decide to exit.

They need to scare the living daylights out of any other country that might consider doing the same and the UK will suffer for this. Imagine a really bad divorce…

Mind you, if we get cheap salty liquorice, I’m in…

Rachel

* metric tonne, surely, for EU?

cranberry
    Free Member

Cameron didn’t want to have a vote. Where it all went horribly wrong was when the EU/Cameron thought that they could produce a deal worth 50% of f-all and pretend that it was something spectacular – how he thought that he could pull that off I’ll never understand. Had the UK been given a good deal the Leave campaign would have had a much harder time than it has so far.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If anyone wants real Swedish meatballs and lingon , or perhaps some Björn Borg underwear I am based in Sweden and my paypal is the same as my email address in my profile . Discounts if you send me Branston Pickle

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve a soft spot for the Swedish, if they’re out – I’m out too. 😆

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I trade family visits for tea bags and branston.

Another colleague adds marmite, monster munch and midget gems to the list……

It’s a topic of discussion in the office. Who has friends visiting and what can they bring/trade.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ooh Marmite good one

cranberry
    Free Member

I have a defender and go back to the UK 3 times a year, bringing it back full of everything that an ex-pat might need for a good 4 months.

slowoldman

As I keep saying, bring back the Hanseatic states.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Swedes….Fantastic rally drivers, fantastic ice hockey teams & players, fantastic mashed with some black pepper & a bit of butter.

I’m out, lets play rally drivers & all learn to skate.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘If they go, we go’ is closed to new replies.