Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • If Scotland vote no…
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Blimey folks, it’s Friday evening get a SOH!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh.

It’s just everyone’s used to you not having one thm.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am glad you can speak for everyone DD. Anyway a pint of mcEwans export on me, the next time/ if ever we meet. It will be a joy to watch anyone try to drink it. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

McEwans export? I’m only a shortarse. I’ll just have a half.

piemonster

Put that McEwans tripe away for goodness sake.

http://standrewsbrewingcompany.com/beers/fife-gold/ to start with.

piemonster

Ossian in particular.

http://www.inveralmond-brewery.co.uk/classic-collection.html

McEwans, you *****

flap_jack
    Free Member

Proper 90 shilling Scottish beer beats Yorkshire sour (Timothy Taylor) anyday IMO.

matt_outandabout

Mmmmm Ossian mmmmm

Trekster

to build a better fairer and more equal country

I here this quoted a lot but how is this going to be achieved?
    How is the ‘alchy, the junky, the unemployed, the unemployable or the underprivileged going to magically be included in this “fairer” society?
    According to the Shelter hustler up the High St the other day there are 5,000 homeless kids in Scotland, they will immediately find homes?
    The Children’s Panel deal with XX number of troubled families/kids. That will suddenly all disappear and everything will be “fair”
    We won’t need all the charity shops on our High Streets, the food parcel organisations(on the increase), the ‘Sally Army soup kitchens etc, etc……..
    There are not enough care home places for our ill elderly people. That’ll be fixed overnight?
    Our current civil service is not fit for purpose atm. This will be fixed when and how?
    The rich central belters will become richer and those of us on the outskirts poorer 🙄

All of the above is apparently irrelevant because the central belt has a great future re financial services and the NE has oil!! Then there is Whisky to keep the rest of the North in AS pounds……

bencooper
    Free Member

I here this quoted a lot but how is this going to be achieved?

At the moment the Scottish parliament controls around 7% of income, and with that has provided free proscriptions, mitigated the effects of the bedroom tax, and other measures not implemented south of the border. Think what could be done when Scotland controls 100% of income.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I know Dumfries is a bit shit these days Trekster, but it’s not that bad surely? Lighten off the cynicism.

I would argue that none of the above will change with the current setup, and if it does it will be despite Westminster, not because of them. Just look at the bedroom tax.

The farmers that I know are broadly in favour of a Yes vote, Scotland should be able to argue for stronger fishing rights and if the man from BA is right we might see a reduction in taxes so making Scotland a cheaper place to visit.

Sure things wont change over night, how could they, but its the best opportunity to change things and try and make things better.

piemonster

A fairer more equal society is necessarily a fair equal society. But it’s an improvement.

I’ve not met a yes voter that expects an overnight magic cure. Although if the internet is to be believed they do exist.

bigjim

breathing some clean fresh air thanks to our world-leading environmental obligations

There was a news article last month about how we’re failing to meet our own and european atmospheric pollution targets 😛

gordimhor

Trekster my username is gordimhor not Dumbledore. 🙂 There’s no magic wand. There would be a lot of tough times and failure. However at least we could begin to tackle issues by admitting there is a problem. Westminster doesn’t even see a problem with homelessness for example. The bedroom tax is one thing that could be scrapped very swiftly. I believe we could even give people sufficient benefits to live on and make sure our old folk don’t have to choose between heat or eat!
    A yes vote is just a start hopefully it could give a big jolt to the political system and provoke further major change like much wider participation in politics particularly for the working class and fundamentally to bring power closer to ordinary folk geographically and otherwise. Finally a yes vote is not a vote for the SNP you can vote a different party in at the next election.
    Funny enough I will be passing through the central belt on my way to Dumfries tomorrow.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

When Scotland entered into a union with England it was an admission from Scots that they could not run their own country. Scottish people know this is true and that is why the yes vote is always behind the no vote in the polls. Scottish people have not changed in the last 300 years, they are no more intelligent or capable. After a landslide victory for the no campaign those that voted yes will have to learn to accept the fact that Scotland’s natural state is to be ruled by the English.

bigjim

nice try, 6/10

piemonster

gordimhor not Dumbledore.

Now, and forever after. My mental image of you has been set.

gordimhor

:lol:good one

Trekster

“whatnobeer – Member
    I know Dumfries is a bit shit these days Trekster, but it’s not that bad surely? Lighten off the cynicism.”

Wouldn’t swap it for anywhere else, no worse than anywhere else and would hate to live in a city, country boy at heart.

Just fed up of BS. Shoulda, coulda, maybe is not doing it for me……..Enough of it going about @ work. Having failed all of my high school O levels I am off the uneducated class! The odd person at work who intends voting yes are doing so because of their dislike of the English/UK government and no other reason!!

We have the feeling my workplace is playing a holding game(running the place down)until the outcome of the vote, being in the UK as a way into Europe.

My neighbour is about to lose her job due to McCasgills police reforms.

gordimhor

For what it’s worth I work in social care which is now funded by the NHS and the cuts we are facing up to are a major reason that the SNP cannot rely on my vote at the next election if Scotland votes yes.

peterfile
    Free Member

fasternotfatter

mate, you’re from the north of england, where do you think that puts you in the grand scheme of “ruling”? 😆

Trekster

MrsT works for an NHS/SE dept and deals with local councils as part of her job, it’s all a shambles and costing us millions apparently. She was under the impression that a recent departmental reorganisation, new bosses etc would be for the better until a meeting this week 🙄 As she says statisticians can make up and tell you whatever you want, all depends on how you frame the question to get the answer you want.

Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘If Scotland vote no…’ is closed to new replies.