If Scotland vote no…

Home Forum Chat Forum If Scotland vote no…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • If Scotland vote no…
  • Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Is there likely to be a move towards devo max?

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

Don’t jinx it, they may just vote yes!

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

That ship has sailed I would have thought. No vote will bury independence for generations.

Premier Icon stumpyjon
    Subscriber

I hope not, if they vote no we should be looking at selling off the parliment buildings for top end flats and stop wasting money on another layer of useless politicians.

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

See, i fear different. A no vote will not be the end of it, the Nats won’t stop & a narrow defeat will just cause rancour & bitterness for years. If they vote no we will have to deal with the angry Nats, if they vote yes the angry Unionists won’t be our problem!
    Ultimately, i honestly believe the UK will be better off in the long term should Scotland leave.

tiggs121

A ‘no’ vote will mean being shat upon by those “dan Sath” for years!

I just hope we have the balls to avoid that and make this leap of faith.

If they vote No then I’ll be happy as I won’t have to show my passport at Carter Bar. (Like some Japanese tourists were coerced into doing a few years ago, for charity)

athgray

We could be your problem muddy, if we seek asylum. 🙂

Depends, a close no vote will result in devo max I reckon. Salmond will be content with a drip drip route to independence.

Junkyard

any issue where there is a huge swelling of opinion leads to years of rancour

See EU for the UK for example

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

So what would devo max look like? Scotland’s own income, vat and local taxes, a SHS rather than an NHS? What else?

hora

I hope they vote yes then we can move thousands of jobs and defence facilities down south to England.

If all parties AND The Bank of England all agree. Doesnt that tell you something?

Want out? Bye Greece of the North.

Junkyard

I is disappoint no plastic was involved in this insight Hora

Deep as always

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

Support for devo max does seem significant, just can’t see an easy mechanism for tabling it after the yes vote gets tanned this September.

If that’s what the people want, though, then it would be foolish to stand in their way – a solution would have to be found.

peterfile

Want out? Bye Greece of the North.

Your opinion on Scottish independence carries about as much weight as Stevie Wonder’s on interior design

Stop taking it so personally! 😉

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

doubt it tbh, a no vote will be a no vote I reckon.

CountZero

So if Scotland can’t use the pound, will they set up the Scottish Drachma instead?

piemonster

Pound Scots surely

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Well there isn’t an automatic re-vote in 2015. At the current rate of progress I don’t think it will be close, 70% No I’d guess at.

We’ll find out in 6 months time!

peterfile

Is there any reason why BP carwash tokens couldn’t be used?

Premier Icon craig5
    Subscriber

Don’t know about Devo Max, but the Emarald is meant to be dam good according to Steve Jones. But he just talks a load of chuff apparently. I thought pikes were the way to go. I don’t have a tapered steerer and I’m not super enduro enough, so don’t really know.

big_n_daft

Devo max probably means a federal UK and parallel parliaments for the other UK nations at a similar state of maturity for similar devo max arrangements

But increased powers after a “no” vote will happen

fasthaggis

Count Z
    We could just revert to the Mary of Scotland shilling 😉

stuarty

The currency issue is frankly a load of balls…
    We had scottish pound notes before ..use cu… Wouldnt accept them then…. Who cares if we lose sterling off the end..just link it 1 to 1 with sterling ..sorted..
    Ps ..hora u got a big garden ….because scotland might need you to store a load of nuclear missiles and a sub or two …

slackalice

Will save us all a shit load of money if they vote ‘no’; with the bonus of not getting confused with Scottish and rUK Nectar Points exchange rates.

hora

Stuarty many docks/areas south of the border crying out for the work.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

If they vote no will these threads stop?
    Will they be replaced by pages of it was a fix and conspiracy crap?

hora

Will Alex Haddock **** off?

If they vote no, I’d like to see Cameron grow a pair and take some powers back from the SNP

gordimhor

No hora, but he will if we vote yes

inbred853

Camoron grow a pair – lol
    The whole corrupt elected and unelected shower in Westminster need a severe kick up the rear and if Scottish independence is the way to go about it then bring it on.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I love Hora.

Honestly nobody really can guess what’ll happen after a no vote. Yes there’s southern sabre rattling about binning the barnett formula etc but I don’t think anyone’s still stupid enough to think that anything a westminster politician says today bears the slightest relevance to what will happen tomorrow.

The current government, we know, will take the tiniest victory as being carte blanche to do whatever they want as if they got an overwhelming win, so there’s that random factor too.

fasthaggis

I love Hora.

No you don’t 😉

Premier Icon teamhurtmore
    Subscriber

yS are already working on their “contingency plans” – 2029 for the next vote according to sturgeon.

Premier Icon NZCol
    Subscriber

We had scottish pound notes before ..use cu… Wouldnt accept them then…. Who cares if we lose sterling off the end..just link it 1 to 1 with sterling ..sorted..

An epic demonstration of why we should vote no. Issuing notes doesn’t actually mean it’s a different currency. A different picture on it yes but that’s all. It’s somewhat more complex than just deciding to start up a new currency and peg it to the GBP

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

An epic demonstration of why we should vote no. Issuing notes doesn’t actually mean it’s a different currency. A different picture on it yes but that’s all. It’s somewhat more complex than just deciding to start up a new currency and peg it to the GBP

One guys opinion on an internet forum is an ‘epic demonstration of why we should vote no’???

Behave.

The best thing about a no vote will be Scottish people going back to being as irrelevant as people from Cornwall. Scotland is a great place, it is just a shame about the people.

Rscott

In Scotland they blame England, In England they blame Scotland.

Why doe the English car if the Scots go Independent, OIL.

if they go intendant Scotland with have to accept that if it fails they cannot blaim anyone but themselfs. Idf it succeeds there is nothing for them to loose, either way appart from Oil and Docks with a greater cappacity for work england has nothing to loose either way.

Indapendace isn’t about alex salmond and anyone who thinks that is an idiot. its about getting the ability to vote in a parlament that is closer and more insync with the surrounding area.

Cammoroan should have a debate with salmond or not have a say.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Why doe the English car if the Scots go Independent, OIL.

Really? Who says all the oil is Scottish. Some of the other worries would be status in EU and NATO, location of nuclear deterrent, looking weak and a few more. The bit that seems to be getting hit here is that it’s England Vs Scotland when in fact the rest of the UK is made up of more than England.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘If Scotland vote no…’ is closed to new replies.