Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • If London is the center of the universe . . .
  • SST
    Free Member

(for the purpose of this post anyway)

How far away are you?

I’m about 6000 miles . . . . .

🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

100-ish. I think you mean @rsehole though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

If london is the centre of the universe, how come no-one outside of it gives a ****? 🙂

I’m about 500 miles away I think.

djglover
    Free Member

Reporing all is good from the Centre of the Universe

kimbers

actually chiswick west london cos thats wher i live and im a god

Caher

1069 km or 664 miles

simon_g

5 miles, assuming the official “charing cross is the centre of london” rule.

woody2000

200.9 miles

But not facking far enough! 😈

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

unless your within 10 miles of london, then i don’t see how you can answer a thread about london because you literally don’t know anything about london and never will unless you live here because EVERYTHINGS DIFFERENT IN LONDON you idiots.

MrNick
    Free Member

Something under 2 miles from Charing Cross.

m0nster2
    Free Member

Geographically, about 90miles.
    Culturally and evolution-wise: Several Lightyears

BigDummy
    Free Member

10 miles from Charing Cross. That’s in the country you know.

🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

About 1,716km by car according to Google, but why would I want to go?

andym
    Free Member

About 2 miles from Tower Bridge.

I’m about 6000 miles . . . .

If you’re in the US I shan’t be mean to you about not being able to spell centre.

brakes
    Free Member

about 10 mins ride

Junkyard
    Free Member

far enough thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

why would I want to go?

The art, the theatre, the museums, the bars, the shops, the people, the culture, the food, the concerts, the architecture, etc. etc. etc.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t understand the question – I’m the same distance from London whether or not it’s “the centre of the Universe”

😕

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

6 Miles up in the hills of north london

RudeBoy
    Free Member

He he!

(Forms an unlikely alliance with the Captain; A man of taste, and appreciation of a truly wonderful metropolis)

I’m just a few miles from the dead centre. And whilst it may not be perfect (nowhere on earth is), I love it. It’s my home.

donsimon
    Free Member

why would I want to go?

The art, the theatre, the museums, the bars, the shops, the people, the culture, the food, the concerts, the architecture, etc. etc. etc.

Get all those things 1,716kms from London a World Cup XC course 10 mins from the city centre and some great riding about an hour away. 😉

hug
    Free Member

According to the local road signs 33 miles

tyger
    Free Member

8000 miles 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Not nearly far enough compared to some on here (ie still in the same country, and we appear to be totally stuffed, largely down to those who do live there). 100 miles or so I suppose, which is at least far enough to have escaped the pull of the black hole.

In case it matters (it doesn’t) I have lived there for substantial periods, so feel reasonably well informed to comment.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Walking directions to London, UK
    13.2 mi – about 4 hours 26 mins

According to Google Maps

duntmatter
    Free Member

ditto RudeBoy

akira

Maybe not quite in the epicentre but close enough to be dodging shrapnel.
    It’s not too bad though, twenty mile round trip to work through, around and over some lovely landmarks.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At this precise moment, about 440 feet from the London Stone (arguably the real centre of London – even though it has moved around a bit) or 1.7 miles from Charing Cross

5thElefant
    Free Member

The art,

Nope, I’m heterosexual.

the theatre,

Heterosexual again.

the museums,

Under 65.

the bars,

We have those.

the shops,

Thanks to the internet I haven’t been to a shop since 2005.

the people,

We have those, but we don’t jam them into sweaty cattle cars.

the culture,

See first response.

the food,

Yeah, got that too.

the concerts,

Yep, got those.

the architecture,

We have better.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

One thing I’ll say about London; people tend to be a lot more open minded than 5thelefant. A lot more tolerant of diversity and alternative views/lifestyles.

Fortunately, there are other towns and cities, where the ignorant, bigoted and narrow-minded can stay, so we don’t have to put up with them…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member
    One thing I’ll say about London; people tend to be a lot more open minded than 5thelefant. A lot more tolerant of diversity and alternative views/lifestyles.

Well put.

jahwomble
    Free Member

I live In Islington, so I’m already there. It’s ok. Apart from the accent and the weather, it’s Pretty much the same as living and working in any of the other big cities of the world I’ve lived or worked in.

stompy

why is it the centre of the universe?????

Smee
    Free Member

374 miles.

Smee
    Free Member

There aint half some shite being spouted ^.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I live on the very outer northern edges of the M25 and although its not strictly London I consider London to be my town. All of our socializing and leisure time and work is spent in town. I always think that the further you go out of large cities the less open minded people tend to be. 30 miles out seems like it is 30 years back with peoples attitudes. IMO

djglover
    Free Member

Londons ace, theres more to life than biking and everything else I could want is here. The only drawback is that I have to drive 25 miles to get to good biking, but that can be said of most urban areas I suppose.

London has the best of those thing CFH has listed above, and contrary to popular belief people do actually talk to their neighbours, I know all mine really well and a guy who posts on here lives in the street too, certainly more friendly than anywhere I lived in West Yorkshire.

5thElefant
    Free Member

So what did I say that was intolerant?

mattsccm
    Free Member

I agree with 5th E above. just sorry he beat me to it.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

So what did I say that was intolerant?

The art,

Nope, I’m heterosexual.
    the theatre,

Heterosexual again.

Care to elaborate?

Sorry, I might be missing something here, but as a heterosexual person, I thoroughly enjoy the arts, thatre, etc. As do millions of other people, regardless of sexuality.

It’s probably because I’m thick and stupid, that I can’t understand your points.

Anyway, sounds like you have everything you need, where you are, so you therefore have no need to come here!

Everybody’s a winner…

djglover; well said, mate!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘If London is the center of the universe . . .’ is closed to new replies.