Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • If Herge was a forum member, would he be banned?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Liking it ditchjockey

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

elf – I guess what he means is the black sheep is not a negative sterotype of black youth

Gotcha. Glad I asked! 😳

Soz; bin using a fair bit of glue today, probbly a bit confuddled with that and all the nonsense on here today…

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I guess what he means is the black sheep is not a negative sterotype of black youth

Would it be naughty of me to remind you that, in an earlier thread, you called this the “Jim Davidson Defence”.

Transferring the point I was trying to make then to this context, if you perceived that ‘3 bags of wool’ was a reference to individual portions of crack cocaine, you could extrapolate that Baa Baa Black Sheep is a metaphor for a young man of Afro-Caribbean descent, who is carrying out business with his dealer, his crack ho’ and another young man who he’s weaning onto a drug habit.

Someone could come up with that interpretation, but most sane people would regard it as utter nonsense and clearly not a meaning intended by the original author. In that context, would it be legitimate for the person who’s given it this ‘drug’ interpretation to call for it to be banned for racial stereotyping?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aha

ditch jockey – got the point you were making now.

I even opened another thread to explore it a bit more but you didn’t pick up on it.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘If Herge was a forum member, would he be banned?’ is closed to new replies.