Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • If Carlsberg did inquests on dead spys
  • BermBandit
    Free Member
    scuzz
    Free Member

I wish they’d shut up about the bondage websites and women’s clothing.

higgo
    Free Member

I wish they’d shut up about the bondage websites and women’s clothing.

Why?
    Is it stirring something in you?

hora
    Free Member

Utterly bizarre that they dont know/find the true cause. cant they hack/restore the iphone? The clothes/wigs do seem to be a red hearing and how did the know the value? I doubt he earnt much.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Scuzz I agree, I really feel for his family having all of that played in open court. hideous case, guessing the review team will now be onto that one. I hope for his family they eventually get some sort of closure.

higgo
    Free Member

Utterly bizarre that they dont know/find the true cause.

Spot on hora (as usual) – yes, we have such a good understanding of the pathology of bodies left in a bag in a bath in an over-heated environment for a week (and all the resulting biochemical processes) that it is utterly ridiculous that they can’t precisely identify the cause.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m surprised they couldn’t identify what time he was killed from his body and entymology …..

Rubber_Buccaneer

get some sort of closure.

Zipper and padlock appear to be effective!

hora
    Free Member

Im talking about other known information; phone, pc, logs/bills/records, forensics on the flat etc. It doesnt make sense.

His GCHQ salary wouldnt be great, why no more DNA in the flat, sightings, fears of victim, email traces, forumsetc

totalshell

seen the video of a guy struggling to get in the bag. imagine trying to put a dead guy in the bag.. well nigh impossible. if there was such a large collection of female clothing to support a tv theory, where are all the other ‘accessories’ that such a hobby would require? surely somebody spending 20k on a ‘hobby’ would have all the stuff you dont spend 3.5k on a bike but dont have any tyres?

donsimon
    Free Member

Horatio would have had it sorted in under an hour.

highclimber
    Free Member

I find it quite strange that the whole story has actually been made public. Did MI6 bump him off and tried to discredit him by planting bondage stuff etc, do you think?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I hear Prince Philip’s whereabouts on the night in question are still unknown

nick1962
    Free Member

I work in the public sector and if a member of staff hasn’t phoned in work by 10am advising of their absence we ring them or their next of kin or named contact then go round and visit if we get no response.It’s part of duty of care.
    Can’t believe his line manager at MI6 waited a week…..

stevewhyte
    Free Member

All this will vanish without a trace, MI6 were involved.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If a spy dies in anything other then mysterious circumstances, then they’ve pretty much failed. Well done that man.

hora
    Free Member

If a spy dies in anything other then mysterious circumstances, then they’ve pretty much failed. Well done that man.

8)

kimbers

so was he selling stuff to China, Russia ?

or was the murder a member of the cabinet , royal family, Saudi prince, web coe ?

hels
    Free Member

I think some people have been watching too much CSI.

There has been some weird stuff in the press, as in why report those facts in that way weird.

“£20,000 of women’s clothes”, why say that, who put that value on, why even give a value (although journalists seem to be obsessed with the price of stuff) ?

It’s meaningless anyway, if he shopped at TKMax or Primark that would be several warehouses. If he went designer original thats 4 pairs of shoes.

I mean WTF ??

I think we need to look at Lord Lucan a bit harder.

globalti
    Free Member

I saw Lord Lucan very very early one morning walking in a London street with a woman, just before he disappeared.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Very odd case, or should that be bag ? 😆

Anyhow I can’t believe they can’t find out more. Some one else was involved in his death, yet they can not find any forensic evidence ie not one fingure print, or shred of DNA in the flat ?!!?

You would have thought that if it was some weird stuff going on between him and a partner, which ended up with them deciding to put him in a bag (never done it for me really) then you would expect some fingure prints/DNA/bodily fluids to be some where in the flat.

The complete abscence of anything makes me come to the conclusion that some one/people knew exactly what they were doing to leave no evidence.

atlaz
    Free Member

imagine trying to put a dead guy in the bag.. well nigh impossible.

The reporting of the inquest suggested it was easier to put someone in the bag than it was to get into it without leaving fingerprints, footprints etc all over the bathroom. I think one of the experts said it was likely that he was put in the bag outside the bathroom (be that in the flat or elsewhere) and then the bag was placed in the bath.

I guess there’s still the possibility it was bondage gone wrong and the other party decided to cover up the accidental death rather than end up in court or what have you. Which would probably be why they can’t be sure it was any sort of intentional killing rather than an accident and then an attempt to hide.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If it was bondage gone wrong then the other party knew quite a lot about cleaning up a crime scene and destroying evidence. Not sure that the average person that had just caused the death of someone they were intimate with would have been quite so thorough.

Just to have the forethought to put the heating on high and put the bag in the bath is pretty calculating. That’s leaving aside the more obvious stuff relating to removing all traces foot and finger prints.

hels
    Free Member

Why put the bag in the bath ?? Did they leave the water running ?? I guess he could have died somewhere else and been carried in.

Yuck, imagine the smell, surprised the neighbours didn’t notice.

MSP

If it was bondage gone wrong then the other party knew quite a lot about cleaning up a crime scene and destroying evidence.

Not really, you are assuming that the flat is the crime scene, rather than just the location the body was left to be found.

The question is perhaps how much evidence is there that wasn’t made available to (or hidden from) the coroner.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

If Carlsberg did inquests on dead spys

They’d spell spies properly.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Why put the bag in the bath ?? Did they leave the water running ??

He lived in a flat didn’t he? Often and rather sadly, the first sign that someone (usually elderly and lonely) has died in a flat is the downstairs neighbours wondering/complaining about the stains in the plaster in their ceiling. Not so of course if the poor soul is in the bath. Bleurgh.

hels
    Free Member

Yes that makes sense. They really thought that one through. Let’s hope they are one of our spooks (brave, fearless heroes) and not one of the enemies (dastardly cowards).

crankboy
    Free Member

When this first was in the news i thought that’s all very odd and i bet he didn’t do that to himself.

Now after a major police inquiry by i assume a really good team and a coronor’s inquest we know “it’s all very odd and he is very unlikely to have done it to himself.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Not really, you are assuming that the flat is the crime scene, rather than just the location the body was left to be found.

True, I had jumped to the conclusion that the crime scene was the flat, might not have been although carrying the body any distance would have been awkward even for a big fella.

hora
    Free Member

Thats a very good point. Who says the ‘act’ happened inside the flat. The bag could have been used to transport his body discreetly/neatly with the external surface cleaned down carefully before lifting into the bath. Two blokes could have carried the bag and it’d been chosen for sealed/cleaniness/strength.

I use a similar Mountain Equipment one and its been amazing for over 5yrs (No spies carried).

The bag was used/known to be good, there was no hair (if you murdered someone you’d leave at least a hair in the flat unless you KNOW to avoid this- ie a pro). If it was kinkiness gone wrong the other person would be flustered/leave something behind.

Me thinks he came in the back of a van, carried in in the dead of night, the heating whacked up to aid decomposition/to cover any tracks/traces etc)..

I think it was a sign. A pro would have made him look like an accident, the dresses/wigs weren’t enough- almost an amateur ploy so maybe his love of dressing up WAS real but the murder was meant to be obvious to the MI6?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Now I may be wrong on this, but don’t some or all inquests have juries rather than a coroner just deciding for themselves?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“True, I had jumped to the conclusion that the crime scene was the flat, might not have been although carrying the body any distance would have been awkward even for a big fella.”

If he was put in the bag else where its still pretty good going to carry him in to the flat and put him in the bath, turn the heating up etc etc without leaving one trace of evidence. That would take planning and forward thinking.

MSP

That would take planning and forward thinking.

I don’t think so, if you want to make sure there is no evidence, you wouldn’t put the body in the location where its most likely to be found. I can’t help but think that an amateurish attempt to cover the evidence has got lucky, or the evidence has been kept from the coroner for whatever reason.

hora
    Free Member

Or it was meant to send a message (abit wierd)

Or he was incapacitated in the flat and the other party(s) meant to comeback and move the body elsewhere but he was discovered before they could.

molgrips
    Free Member

To the OP, I don’t think it’s at all obvious that it was a murder.

hora
    Free Member

Yep and not by an amateur bondage fan who had lucky amazing forensic masking-skills either.

MSP

amazing forensic masking-skills either

Its all sounding a bit too James Bond to me, I don’t think that the secret services really operate in that way, more about information and misinformation than clandestine murders.

And neither am I sure that forensics is the exact science that CSI has lead many to believe.

Most crimes are solved by criminals blabbing or very basic mistakes, not by the amazing deductive powers of Hollywood detectives.

scuzz
    Free Member

>>I wish they’d shut up about the bondage websites and women’s clothing.
    Why?
    Is it stirring something in you?

Ha Ha! 😐

His private sexuality is playing an important role in the media coverage, even though no link has been established between his sexuality and cause of death. Yes, they tested to see if he could have got into the bag himself, but this test would take place if you were found dead in a bag – it’s a fundamental way of determining if someone else was involved.

The guy was a brilliant mathematician who will now be remembered as a sexual deviant, for no reason other than to satisfy the public’s insatiable appetite for weird news stories. I mean, a two page spread in the Independant skewed toward his sexuality being the root cause, with no evidence to support it? It’s like Joanna Yeates and the case of the Missing Pizza all over again, (incidentally, she may also have been in a holdall bag at one stage) except missing pizza doesn’t shame a family in the eyes of a homophobic public.

hora
    Free Member

Scuzz good point.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘If Carlsberg did inquests on dead spys’ is closed to new replies.