Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • IDS has resigned…
  • awh
    Free Member

… according to a Times journalist on twitter. He didn’t like the financial constraints being but on him by the Treasury. This should cause a good STW debate!

EDIT: and didn’t like that pensioners were being protected over young people and families.

bikebouy
    Free Member

IDS to UKIP FTW

chewkw
    Free Member

Is that good or bad or just being dramatic? 😛

scruff9252

Most likely in protest that the cuts didn’t go deep enough.

He is an odious little man

bearnecessities

I don’t believe it.

grahamt1980

Looks like an evil garden gnome.
    Good riddence and the swear filter would go mental if I used exactly what I thought of him

RustySpanner

I’m struggling to believe he hasn’t got some ulterior motive.
    Leadership bid soon?

steveoath
    Free Member

I think the correct phrase is a “Jeremy Hunt”

Drac

Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith resigns, citing concerns over changes to disability benefits

Just the rest of them to go.

grahamt1980

Just the rest of them to go.

Yeah right, I can’t believe IDS has any sliver of a concience, more likely he has something expensive lined up for an alternative career

allthepies
    Free Member

sc-xc

You have spelt ‘cuts’ wrong.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Maybe he wants to be untainted by this car-crash budget so he can return as a Tory leader contender?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

at least we know how to celebrate

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1cjWx2WRFg[/video]

bearnecessities

Holy crap. It looks like he has.

Wow. This could have some serious repercussions!

grahamt1980

Good press release, but I still can’t believe that he means a word of it, unprincipled little c***

wwaswas

Tories are being a more effective opposition to the government than the Labour Party at the moment.

chewkw
    Free Member

Time to jump ship in preparation for the new king coz the current pro-EU PM and gang will soon go. 😛

wwaswas – Member
    Tories are being a more effective opposition to the government than the Labour Party at the moment.

Labour Party is just taking the working class for a ride … 😛

julianwilson
    Free Member

There are fireworks going off up the road. Coincidence? 😕

awh
    Free Member

How have we ended up with politicians that even in resigning we don’t believe their motives? Me included.

wrecker
    Free Member

So he’s resigned because he’s not happy that they cut disability benefit. What a tory c**t.

rone

Moment of clarity?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

but yes, i suspect it’s a strategic move to position for leadership – distance himself from another toxic policy that they may well be forced to u-turn on. pig facker has already said he’s going within this term, Gideon will get shot down as his credibility is eroded by missing all economic targets he has set and, unlike the states, the uk wouldn’t seriously considering electing a buffoon of a hair cut – mayors one thing, but really, running the country….

allthepies
    Free Member

IDS leadership intentions ? Na, he’s tried that if you remember.

kimbers

It’s OK he’s been unemployed before,

I have been unemployed twice in my life so I have already done this (lived on the equivalent of £53 a week). I know what it is like to live on the breadline.

Of course he didn’t mention that he was forced to slum it living on his father in law Baron Cottlesoes estate at the time

http://games.usvsth3m.com/iain-duncan-smiths-realistic-unemployment-simulator/

scotroutes
    edhornby

from reading that statement it reads that he’s bothered about the timing – that it was presented in the budget at the same time as the tax cuts, not that he was asked to make them in the first place… if you didn’t like being asked you could have said no Ian, but you have neither balls nor brains so you went and did it, now you resign?

Rusty is right, there is probably something else going on, can’t see it being a leadership bid of his own because he isn’t that smart or connected? unless he’s putting the boot into gideon to make sure his preferred rival has a better shot

outofbreath
    Free Member

Jesus, that’s damaging words for the govt and lends credibility to all the criticism of this budget.

bearnecessities

Trust me, this is going to be massive.

chewkw
    Free Member

sofaboy73 – Member
    … the uk wouldn’t seriously considering electing a buffoon of a hair cut – mayors one thing, but really, running the country….

As long as it is not Labour or pro-EU party coming back I am fine buffoon or not. 😛

olddog

Tory party too right wing for IDS?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

IDS leadership intentions ? Na, he’s tried that if you remember.

never under estimate the sense of over entitled self worth and delusional belief of his importance IDS has. it would be a tough sell, but i wouldn’t put him past him 14 years on. he was thatchers eyre apparent after all and there’s a lot of the torys that would like to continue the shirt to increasingly right wing – euro referendum and so on

either that, or as others have highlighted, possible scandal coming up??

i can’t for one moment think, as the architect of welfare to work and universal credit, he would be having an attack of consciousness!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

O.o

Coyote
    Free Member

His statement reads like he’s had an epiphany. Road to Damascus type of thing. However this is Iain Duncan-Sith. I sense a disturbance in the force…

awh
    Free Member

It’ll be so he can spend more time with his friends Michael, Boris and Nigel.

kimbers

scotroutes – Member
    Skeletons about to come out of the closet?

My mate was hired as an IT problem solver when IDS was trying to get universal credit back on track a few years after it was started
    He said it was a disaster, the big IT companies had shafted then on the contracts and would never finish and the timetable set by IDS was completely impossible to meet, this was all passed back up and then completely ignored. Basically it was always going to be a costly distaster, especially for those most in need.
    My mate left in frustration pretty sharpish, when he realised that no one would listen.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Now IDS has quit, I hope they stopped his payments from the government promptly.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m of the view that he should have gone down the glass of brandy and revolver route, instead of writing a letter. The selfish bastard.

DrJ

I’m struggling to believe he hasn’t got some ulterior motive.

Brexit

grahamt1980

I’m of the view that he should have gone down the glass of brandy and revolver route, instead of writing a letter. The selfish bastard.

Along with the large proportion of the government……. we can dream

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘IDS has resigned…’ is closed to new replies.