Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Identify 70's boardgames – Help!
  • bentandbroken

Trying to relive some of my youth. I have found Tank Battle which was good. Now I want a ‘board’ game based on the Battle of Britain

The base was a (Green) plastic moulding. Each side looked like a basic airfield with a runway and an AA emplacement and holes for 6 aircraft. In the middle went a clear ‘acrylic’ screen with a couple of clouds and a sun printed on it. There were lots more ‘holes’ linked by lines.

You rolled a dice. On a 6 you took off and followed one of the lines until your move was ‘over’. You could then turn the plane so that the next turn you followed a line. You were safe in the clouds or the sun, but anywhere else, if you ‘landed’ on a hole where there was another plane opposite you shot it down (pushed it out by inserting your plane).

I have googled lots over the last few months and can’t find anything like it

Can anyone help by at least giving me the name of the game?

TIA

tthew

Ooh, an hour and no correct answers. Is this the point where we have to turn off the internet as STW hivemind fails??

newrobdob
    Free Member

We can only hope so. 😀

bentandbroken

Sorry MrSparkle, the shine is missing from your answer. I have found lots of those, but they are a board game played on a flat surface with no vertical Perspex screen in the middle like wot I described earlier

zilog6128

Never heard of it before but..,

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14187

Looks fun!

I have googled lots over the last few months and can’t find anything like it

better off spending 2 mins searching on BGG (the board game equivalent of STW!) like I just did 😀

bentandbroken

Thats it
    😀

Thanks Zilog. I have spent the morning trawling through a list of MB Games for no reason, it was made by Airfix 😳

Now I guess I need a bit of patience on eBay….

beltaine
    Free Member

Ha ! I had that game but had completely forgotten about it until I clicked on this thread !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Identify 70's boardgames – Help!’ is closed to new replies.