Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Id wristband
  • clancol
    Free Member

Earlier on this evening my buddy showed me his new wristband that was silicon about an inch wide and had a metal face, somewhat like a watch but instead was inscribed his name, bloodtype details, next of kin, etc. Looked really nice, well made and does the job.

said he got it from a yank website but its to late to bother him by text. anyone got any idea which site it may have been from. was about $30 ish.

D

colnagokid
    saleem
    Free Member

ebay, on the sites that sell dog tags, normal dog tag info, name,dob,nok and bt, hope that helps, try the tag company based in Hereford.

Guybrush
    Free Member

Tattoo your details on your chest.

They'll still check your blood type before they give you any.

bigG
    Free Member

that'll be one of these then

I've had one for a while, gives good peace of mind when out on solo road / CX / MTB rides,

clancol
    Free Member

Road id that the one, cheers.

Got no space left on my torso for an id tattoo, it's all covered in instructions for how to break out of a high security prison……(struggling to seperate tv drama's from real life)

AdrianW
    Free Member

I've used this company before, been very happy with the product and it's lasted very well, had it over a year now, as the poster above gives peace of mind when riding solo which most of my riding is.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

So, does anyone know if any of that info is of any real medical use?

Especially if your just normal, I can sort of understand it if you have unusual ailments etc.

But things like Blood group, as Guybrush says, they will always check before anyway.

If you end up dead, they will find out who you are sooner of later, assuming you have someone who has noticed your gone!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I'm alergic to Penicillin so I wear one anyway as a medic alert. I don't have much family around me so have my brothers contact details.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I'm diabetic, so got a RoadID with that on. Hate the look of the Medic Alert ones.

RoadID was good value and wrrived really quickly

headfirst
    Free Member

I wear one so that my other half is informed quickly if I have an accident and can't speak for myself or I've forgotten who I am. This is because exactly this happened years back, when i went headfirst into a wall. The people who found and helped me got my name out of me but nothing else, such as the fact that I had my phone in my saddlebag…my wife didn't find out I was in hospital for several hours and only then by a fluke…

I had the original Road ID, but have just ordered an elite with the rubber strap (new contact numbers), it won't need to go in the wash after each ride

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Id wristband’ is closed to new replies.