Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ICL Eye implants- Anyone had the operation?
  • flamejob
    Free Member

Mrs Flamejob and I went to the clinic last night and they said it would be best for her to have lenses implanted.

I was just fishing for anyone's experiences.

AndyP
    Free Member

90+% of the users of this forum will be needing these at some point or other..FACT.
    Know lots of people who have…my old man did a fortnight ago. Usual rules re post-surgery infection apply but on the whole it's an incredibly safe and well-established procedure.

flamejob
    Free Member

rules re post-surgery infection

… like not going for a dusty ride hours after the procedure? 🙂

I watched a video on YouTube of the procedure. It's quite weird to see them slit the cornea open then slip a bit of plastic in.

wwaswas

I used to use ICL computers. I'm not sure I'd trust their eye bits and bobs.

flamejob
    Free Member

Just saw this in my posts thing…

… to follow up it is all good. Operations were fine and she has perfect sight now.

She sait it hurt her head the first few days because there was such a range of detail.

The only odd thing is in very rare conditions I can see them through light kinda reflecting off them… very BladeRunner

showerman
    Free Member

as i am reading this there is an add top right running for free laser eye surgery ….scarey

gray

Did she have her natural lenses replaced (like cataract surgery) or extra ones attached to the iris (phakic – is that the right term? I forget). When I looked into it a few years ago – I would have been a candidate for the iris-attached extra ones since I'm a bit young to swap my natural lenses out (now 34). I'd definitely consider it if I could afford it, but I think the going rate was about £3k per eye. I currently use rigid gas permeable contacts, which are about £50 each but work well and last for years. What was her approximate prescription? (Mine are about -12 dioptres, so laser surgery wouldn't be a great idea for me.)

flamejob
    Free Member

She was -9.5 and -8

Jesus gray you must almost need a dog!

The ICL is placed just above the natural lens and under the iris. I watched some operation videos and it's an amazing procedure. If the patient is okay it only takes about fifteen min. They cut three tiny holes in the bit between the white and clear bits and inject the lens in through a needle. It unfolds and then sits under the iris.

Very cool. We paid about €5500. She says it was well worth it.

samuri
    Free Member

hello gray you blind duffer, how the devil are you?

fubar
    Free Member

90+% of the users of this forum will be needing these at some point or other..FACT.

really ? Do they do something they different to what can be achieved by wearing glasses ? (that's a genuine question – I don't know)

samuri
    Free Member

I'm guessing Andy means for cataracts rather than for vision correction.
    I just wish they could do something decent about floaters, I have loads and they properly infringe on my vision in the wrong light.

gray

hello gray you blind duffer, how the devil are you?

Hey Jon, I'm lovely thanks. You? Still living down south, so not riding much these days. Getting married in a couple of weeks!

samuri
    Free Member

Splendid, well done! Show me photos of you and your no doubt stunning fiancee please. I've looked for you on that there facebook but unless you've really let yourself go, you're not on it.

gray

I'm way too old for Facebook.

If you like, you can review my last few years of funs at:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/myfirstname.mylastname

Bound to be photos of my lady and me in there. Current email address is myfirstname.mylastname@gmail.com, predictably enough.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ICL Eye implants- Anyone had the operation?’ is closed to new replies.