Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ice Tech rotors over SLX ones – benefits ?
  • iainc

I have my new XT brakes set up with SLX rotors on a new build Soul. They are pretty good as they are, and better than my previous 2011 XT ones, with my only niggle being rattly clicking front pads.

I have an opportiunity to swop to same size, ice tech rotors and wondering if there is any real world performance difference with them ?

Experiences of both appreciated.

Thanks

renton
    Free Member

Unless its a free swap then I wouldnt bother !!

Unless you are dropping it down the side of the alps all summer long then I wouldnt bother !!

Unless you are more concerned over looks rather than function then I wouldnt bother !!

:mrgreen: I wouldnt bother !

cp

Unless you are dropping it down the side of the alps all summer long then I wouldnt bother

this really. No need for the vast majority of UK riding. Maybe of benefit around fort bill and the like on a long travel FS bike where speeds are very high, or if you’re a bit of a porker using smaller rotors.

trevron73
    Free Member

Iv’e got ice tech rotors as i’m 110k/115k. I went up a size to 180mm rotor’s as well, as i cooked my brakes on any descent over 300m in height.I cannot even get my brakes hot now, i got xt complete set for same price as SLX on a special so thought why not splash the extra on full ice tech rotor’s as well.Not sure i notice the difference here in Sussex ,but a trip to the lakes they shone?

iainc

thanks all, I am about 80kg in riding kit and not going to the Alps, so will stick with what I have, cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ice Tech rotors over SLX ones – benefits ?’ is closed to new replies.