Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 208 total)
  • Show me your lightweight XC speed machine
  • onewheelgood

What size is that Dirty Harry? I’ve been thinking I need a hardtail, and the DH was on the short list.

trail_rat
    Free Member

24lbs with real size wheels or 18 without the rohloff

22lbs with baby wheels.goes down to 19lbs without gears.

quintet100
    Free Member

Hi
    Dirty Harry is a 16.5″ frame. I went from whippet to dh as my bb on whippet kept flaring. It’s quick.
    Xtr pedals and shifter, 1 by 10 with Goldtec oval ring, xt clutch mech, e13 guide, mt zoom carbon other bits.
    Thanks

ljs1977
    Free Member

Wow. I thought that mine was light. Apparently 23lb with pedals. Not weighed it though.

It feels like a feather compared to my old full sus.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Right this thread has got my enthused to finally finish the 2013 race build.

Trek 2012 9.9ssl frame, 19.5, (replacement of a broken 2011 model)
    DT Swiss forks
    American Classic wheels with tubeless Geax tyres
    1 * 10 with X0 Gripshift, X9 type two mech, KCNC rings, (32,34,36, course dependant), XT cranks
    3T carbon bars and stem
    9.7kg in the picture

djflexure

Properly light now. Actual weight – no idea really. Bathroom scales suggest the region of 19lb.
    [/url]
    IMG_0663 by djflexure, on Flickr[/img]

letmetalktomark

^^^

Those forks look made for that frame 8)

djflexure

Cheers Mark. They ride well too. Really pleased with them.

njee20
    Free Member

Looks great TSC, no chain guide?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Not as yet, they’re the DH ones with teeth like the XX1 rings, thus meant to be chain guard free. We’ll see how it goes in training, although I’m not racing till June as I’m marathon training at the moment, hense the close build process.

andermt
    Free Member

Think I need better scales, my Anthem comes in at 26lbs, it is an XL frame though.

njee20
    Free Member

With heavy wheels, pedals, a very heavy seatpost. In fact nothing at all is light on that, 26lbs sounds right! That stem must be about 2lbs?

Size is a red herring. I’ve seen off the shelf bikes of the same size vary by more than two different sizes!

andermt
    Free Member

Wheelset are CB Cobalt 3 so 1500g, not what I’d call heavy, tyres running tubeless, the pedals are magnesium (different to pic, which is older than I though) so about 0.5lbs more than a set of CB candy’s, stem is 0.25lbs (according to On-One site, I think it’s more but probably similar to a Thomson elite, it’s not heavy), I give you the seatpost, although still less than 1 lb more than a std post.

As for size, my son has a small Anthem X4, running all std kit as delivered with a set of Superstar pedals (the ones in the pic) and is only 10oz more. So I think size has an effect.

adsh
    Free Member

Comfortable at 24.8lb

Flux Cannock

Salsa A La Carte Ti Only slightly less comfy XC at 21.8lb

Snow at Kingston Blount

Weighs more (but never will weigh) but does more miles than the other 2 put together – must be a moral in that

Icey soul

njee20
    Free Member

Wheelset are CB Cobalt 3 so 1500g, not what I’d call heavy, tyres running tubeless, the pedals are magnesium (different to pic, which is older than I though) so about 0.5lbs more than a set of CB candy’s, stem is 0.25lbs (according to On-One site, I think it’s more but probably similar to a Thomson elite, it’s not heavy), I give you the seatpost, although still less than 1 lb more than a std post.

Trouble is that you say ‘x part is only 1lb heavier, and y part is only 0.5lbs heavier’. That adds up pretty quickly! It’s a decent build, but not hard to see where the fat is.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

djflexure where did you get those forks?
    weight and price please

djflexure

On one monocoque, but not in stock, bought from Mark who posted.
    Ran them today at HONC and really like them.
    Details on their website

letmetalktomark

IIRC with the steerer at about 225mm they were 550ish grams …… Very light.

andyl46
    Free Member

I’ve made a few changes to mine recently so thought I’d repost:

Grand Canyon CF SLX 29er (xl) with SID’s, Light Bicycle wide AM carbon 29er wheels, X0 mechs shifters chainset and brakes, Easton stem carbon bars and post, Spesh Romin pro carbon saddle, Ergon grips. Around 21.5lbs.

ronburgundy

Here is my new machine and its damn fast:

trickydisco
    Free Member

Here is my new machine and it is damn fast!

so fast.. it’s disappeared 🙂

rockymerlin
    Free Member

So who can ride the fastest?

ronburgundy

Its back now…

onewheelgood

That Flash is lovely. Cannondale claimed 18.5lbs for the 26er, so what’s that?

ronburgundy

Mine is currently 22.5lb but that is with the stock wheels (deore rear hub) and the cheap SRAM c/set. I reckon it could easily be sub 21 with the right kit. Sub 20 if you have money to burn!

limkilde
    Free Member

9 KG with the rigid fork 10 kg with a RS Reba

njee20
    Free Member

So who can ride the fastest?

Definitely not me at the moment! Mine’s just a fitness compensator!

limkilde
    Free Member

Ahh here we go

Bolt

Limkilde are they carbon rotors?

Bolt

mrblobby
    Free Member

Strange to see a light build with Flow wheels.

rwc03
    Free Member

Limkilde – That definitely looks the fastest, very stealthy.

What’s the braking like on those rotors?

jimification
    Free Member

Ron Burgundy: That is lovely, makes me want another one!

Mine’s about 20 / 21 lbs but could drop a pound easily enough – I like a comfy saddle and grips, though and there’s no way I’m replacing a £250 cassette every year, so I just use the “heavy” XT 11-36s.

njee20
    Free Member

Assume it’s the Kettle Cycles SFL rotors, the reviews make them sound like they’re verging on dangerous! Shame, look good!

Agree on the Flows, odd choice. Lovely build though.

limkilde
    Free Member

They reason for flow is that I way in at 85 KG, and dont want some soft flexi rims, like the crest. Also the Crest and Arch rims ar to narrow internal. And finnaly bought them a year ago. 🙂

Yes its the Kettle SICC rotors, they are made from silicon-carbide,ceramic and carbo.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey how big is that rear cassette?

limkilde
    Free Member

Its a 11-40 with the general lee adaptor.

Wookster

Here’s mine 34.5 lbs…….(well its about 24 ish I think but for fear of the Victor Meldrew weight mafia Ive got for a bit more) 8)

cuberider
    Free Member

10.6kgs, allegedly.

[/url] 29er by jwmlee, on Flickr[/img]

njee20
    Free Member

Yes its the Kettle SICC rotors, they are made from silicon-carbide,ceramic and carbo.

And do you find they work? What pads are you running?

LeeW

Twundred

I was looking to sell this and buy a 29er FS, I decided to keep it and buy a new road bike instead.

I don’t know how light it is, I haven’t weighed it since I put the Enve bits on, it was 23lb, maybe a wee bit lighter now I guess.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘Show me your lightweight XC speed machine’ is closed to new replies.