Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ibiza accommodation recommendations
  • rossrobot
    Free Member

Planning a trip to Ibiza in early July. Going with my girlfriend and hoping for a relaxing break – not interested in the clubs.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel/apartment, ideally near a beach. Hoping to find somewhere relaxed, not full of children or drunks.

Any other Ibiza tips would be brilliant too.

Thanks in advance.

lunge

I stayed at the Cala Gracio last year and was very impressed. It is an adults only all inclusive hotel which has its own beach. It’s about a 20 minute stroll to Sunset Strip which we quite liked. We could have a nice beer after a stroll yet still be a good way away from the filth that is the west end.

The only negative is that it is attached to the fairly ropey Hotel Tanit which is full of screaming kids and drunk Brits. Thankfully the hotel staff did a wonderful job of keeping the 2 groups of guests serperate. I’d go back tomorrow if it could!!!

wallop

Do try and get to Formentera if you can, it’s really lovely.

sunnrider
    Free Member

I stayed there last year in El Medano, a small fishing village with some quiet beaches. We stayed in Villa Las Duna, the owners, Jill & Nigel are lovely people.

Started every day with a stunning breakfast. Bike storage was no problem and I arranged some guiding with pickup from the villa with Lavatrax.

Lots of nearby bars and restaurants with traditional or modern menus.
    Rent a car to get around the island and definitely get up to see the volcano 12,200ft high.

eugeo81
    Free Member

Ive been to Ibiza 2 or 3 times a year for about the last 8 years (I used to DJ alot but now thankfully retired from all that). I still go and stay in San An, near the harbour at this awesome little family hotel (hostel is spanish – not to be confused with back packer type thing) it only has about 20 or so rooms, very modern, owners are very friendly. There are good connections to very nice beaches from the boats on the harbour (about 7 or 8 euro return). I recommend Cala Bassa / Cala Conte / Cala Tarida for beaches. Or if you are up for a bit of a walk head for Cala Salada which is very nice.

The hotel I stay at is called Es Mitjorn (http://www.esmitjorn.com/index.php?lang=en) It has a mixed bag of guests, usually DJs travelling in for a few days to small groups and couples, Never seen any kids there. The hotel staff are friendly, reasonalby priced, modern, clean and very quiet for its location!

If you need anymore tips be sure to ask!

Also as Wallop says try and visit formentera (ferrys from Ibiza town port). The beaches there are very very nice.

tang
    Free Member

Formentera is lovely, I’ve friends who live there and have spent a few summers over with them over the years. I hear its getting pricy now which is a shame. Mainly Italians and Germans holidaying there.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Brilliant – thanks everyone.
    Any more tips/recommendations welcomed.

spacehopper

last couple of times we have been we stayed in

the grupotel Cala San Vicente..

its in the north of the island in a really nice quiet little cove so youll have to hire a car if you stay there..

nice hotel thats mainly full of germans on package holidays.. the germans are sticklers for quality so everything is spot on! the food is a little german oriented but is still muchly nice..

and the on the beach bar / restaurant at the end of the beach does the most amazing burgers ever!

room view..

another vote for visiting formentera.. hire a scooter and raz about the place.. its lovely!

restaurant recomendations..

La Paloma in San Lorenzo is truly AMAZING…

and La Oliva in Eivissa town is pretty damn good too..

sunnrider
    Free Member

Just realized it´s Ibiza and not Tenerife, ignore my last post.

I was in Ibiza a couple of years ago too but made the mistake of staying near San Antonio.
    Once you get away from there the rest of the island is lovely.
    Get a peek at Es Vedra, stunning.

poolman
    Free Member

I am planning Ibiza next year – but live on the mainland of Spain so can get the ferry across.

Route is sort of circular so staying in Ibiza town, then Sta Eulalia up the coast & somewhere on the west coast for the return. Hotels in both towns are only 50e a night, probably 100e in peak summer.

Bike routes are well signposted (we went last year too) & free guides are avail from tourist offices. I have them if you want them beforehand.

Fantastic holiday, add a day trip to Formentera.

Gary_M
    Free Member

We’ve stayed in Portinatx and San Miguel. Portinatx was the nicer of the two with more to do. We went for a look round Cala San Vicente but can’t really remember what it was like.

Lovely island.

toemul
    Free Member

What lunge said, lovly place and if you so wish a 20min stroll into San antonio centre along the strip. Been a couple of times.

If you aren’t bothered about clubs, I can highly recommend the El Greco in Portinatx. Hotel is better than its 3 stars suggest and the area is beautiful.

20thebear
    Free Member

Ebusus Apartments in Santa Eulalia is where we always stay.
    http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/ebusus

Usually pretty quiet with a very mixed nation crowd.
    Penthouse apartment is good if you want your own space. Beach is 5 mins walk.
    Host is very friendly. No problems if you turn up in the middle of the night, and are helpful with checkout if you want to stay in the room during the day.

Loads of restaurants on the same street.

Bus available to Ibiza town and San An if you want to go there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ibiza accommodation recommendations’ is closed to new replies.