Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I wish my dog did this………….
  • mrben100
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm5B_pyPd20[/video]

I would love our dog to do this if I went out riding. Escpeically like the backward view with the dog taking alternate routes!!!

At present if our dog see me on a bike he either immediately jumps on me knociking me off or shows no interest and wonders off in the other direction!

flatfish
    Free Member

Saw this a year or so ago, still make me smile when she graze’s her chest on the ground. 😀
    I had to retire mine a couple of years ago due to injury. 🙁

mrben100
    Free Member

flatfish – Member
    Saw this a year or so ago,

New to t’internet me 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a black version – low qual night ride vid from a while ago 🙂

mrben100
    Free Member

I find it amazing the dog was coping fine without the light to begin with

bluebird
    Free Member

I’ve got a wireharied one of those. He’s coming for his first ride on Sunday.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Our dog, a collie cross, used to do the same things with taking shortcuts and squashing the jumps so she didn’t have to slow down. It’s amazing how fast she would take a jump that must have been blind for her just on the reassurance that you were doing it too.
    She’s had to retire from MTBing these days though sadly 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

My Dalmation has done a 6ft drop to flat, thought he;d break his legs when he was in mid air but he was totally fine.

lovewookie

I’d love mine to do that, he probably would, but he’d get distracted by deer/cows/sheep/squrrels.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d love mine to do that, he probably would, but he’d get distracted by deer/cows/sheep/squrrels.

Mine does when I’m walking, but not when I’m on the bike… I think it might be as much fun for her as hunting 🙂

lovewookie

well, he did use to lead the way when I took him out before, albeit a while ago, and he was on a really long lead. He was more mental then too…

hmm…

nah, too much risk ‘just in case’ he decides to bugger off. He’s quite selective when he is called back to the lead. I can practice call him for half an hour on a long lead, and mos of the time he’s OK when he gets let off, but too many times there’s been something he’s been more interested in and it’s taken me 10-15 mins and another irate dog owner shouting at me to get him back.

🙁

mrben100
    Free Member

nah, too much risk ‘just in case’ he decides to bugger off. He’s quite selective when he is called back to the lead.

Exactly this with mine too 🙂

EDIT: thinking about it, only way I could guarantee he’d follow would be to strap a whole cooked chicken to my arse!

Spaceman
    Free Member

My friend used to have a mid-sized mongrel who used to crack me up, rather than cutting corners like most dogs do he would rail the berm if there was one, it was like watching a luge! 10 years on I still think about Ghengis every time I go round a certain couple of berms at GT, still brings a smile to my face (the two before the boardwalk on magic Mushroom).

My dog is great at running with the bike, he loves the tight steep twisty DH we have round here rather than having to run flat out round GT or Innerleithen XC, not fair when you can do (guess) 30mph off the minchmoor without peddling and he’s having to burst a gut to keep up, dogs don’t have freewheels! He keeps tight to the back wheel of whoever is in the lead and never gets in the way, he’s only little and is great to watch, totally committed!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I wish my dog did this………….’ is closed to new replies.