Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • I think guitars have taken over from bikes in my "I must have it" habit
  • cinnamon_girl

Guitar gods – you're well overdue for another STW blues jam. 8)

Show us all how cool you can play, pretty please.

Now … who will volunteer to get the show on the road?

plumber
    Free Member

My criminally ignored contribution from STW blues jam 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqFVQj0dtAs

Brake-neck
    Free Member

[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5723/dsc00352pa.jpg[/img]Haven't spent on guitars in a while now but still have a few left, don't play anywhere near as much as I used do, the bikes take up any free time I have and I got really sick of playing in bands and all the crap that goes with it.

Amos
    Free Member

I can fulfil all your needs, my local shop, Trailjunkies in South Oxfordshire has a very very well stocked guitar shop slap bang next door! Surely this place must be a dream come true for you lot! I don't play (well wonderwall badly) so I wouldn't understand…………..

chipps

The 'Samba Pa Ti' Stratobiker I assume? 🙂

lodious
    Free Member

CG, if you don't mind putting up with looking at my kids, there's a bit of me doing some blusey playing on this…

http://vimeo.com/13084040

Guitar was a 335 into a Cornell tweed combo.

metalheart
    Free Member

Must be about time to post this one again then…:

Been a couple of years since I bought this (or anything) even though I've been sniffing around a PRS SE single cut….

lodious
    Free Member

That's a nice looking Tele!

cinnamon_girl

Well, what can I say? Some super playing there, really nice to listen to. 😀

Don't forget about the jam though!

Dudie
    Free Member

Damn you all. Walked into a geetar shop today for the first time in about 15 years and now have the next 10 year's earnings all earmarked.

lodious
    Free Member

Is Mr Dodds going to get the ball rolling again?

jahwomble
    Free Member

I can see one of these in my fairly immediate future…….

FoxyChick
    Free Member

jahwomble…you are now my coolest person on STW (luthier ffs 8) )…well, apart from jedi that is…playing my guitar is swiftly becoming my daily fix… 😆

jahwomble
    Free Member

Ta very much:)

Starcasters are just brilliant I had one in the workshop for a resto a while back and fell in love with it, been thinking about it for a while,and I've got to have one, just got to find a black or sunburst one that's actually for sale now.

edit: unless of course they are the crappy modern ones that are just a squire strat with a funny label.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well, atm I'm just getting high on playing my acoustic, but I'm kind of dreading the day when I'm good enough to justify upgrading! 8)

jahwomble
    Free Member

As long as you enjoy it, that's the main thing I'd say 🙂 It's too easy to get hung up on gear,amps, effects and all that tat and forget to have fun playing it.

Carry on 🙂

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I'm just looking forward to the day when the tips of my fingers on my left hand feel normal! 😉

tony_m
    Free Member

Anybody in or looking to form a classic/Southern rock / mid-life crisis band, North West based, need a bass player? 8)

Dudie
    Free Member

Well, thank you STW. I have been inspired to dig out me old Les Paul and have spent the last 4 hours noodling away like a good 'un. This is the first time I have properly played one of my guitars in over 10 years. My finger tips are raw, I am beaming from ear to ear and am now determined to continue with it. Amazingly, I don't seem to have forgotten anything – I'm still as mediocre as I ever was 😀

I need new strings now. Can you still get Ernie Ball 9-42s?

lodious
    Free Member

need new strings now. Can you still get Ernie Ball 9-42s?

Yup!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Blues for CG.

As requested by Cinnamon Girl.

SB

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘I think guitars have taken over from bikes in my "I must have it" habit’ is closed to new replies.