Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I only went for something to eat!
  • elma
    Free Member

I come back and my threads been closed.

Sorry if i offended anyone who manages or works for the doors.

I’m after a copy as i’ve got it on vinyl but no way of transfering it to my computer.

donsimon
    Free Member

HTH. And a lot less illegal.

scotia
    Free Member

did you pay for that food?!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Here you go. with bonus tracks too.
    Clicky

Pook

They’re still rubbish

singletrackhor
    Free Member

I hope your going to make up for it by buying lots of merchandise and concert tickets next time they tour.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

You cheapskate. Jim Morrison could do with the money, you know.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oh…what’s this about?

higgo
    Free Member

Oh…what’s this about?

Getting music without paying for it.

nedrapier

Are 2nd hand CDs immoral? No royalties to artist, 1st owner will almost certainly have ripped the tracks before selling on.

Only differences to free downloads I can see is that 2nd hand sales have been around for as long as music, and there’s a nominal cost (£2-3?). No difference to the artist.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00004WEMT/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

cynic-al
    Free Member

Illegal downloading?

Shame! I be no one on here does that!

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe true that people do download illegally, but it’s bit stupid to go public, no?

molgrips
    Free Member

Are 2nd hand CDs immoral? No royalties to artist, 1st owner will almost certainly have ripped the tracks before selling on

That’s different. One set of listening rights, one CD. The original owner can no longer listen.

When you make a copy, there are two CDs now but only one set of rights has been purchased.

I suspect the mods removed it because they don’t want their forum used for discussing illegal behaviour as I expect they could get in big trouble for it theoretically. I think that as the site owners they are responsible for the content – because they are publishing it.

maccruiskeen

I think that as the site owners they are responsible for the content – because they are publishing it.

When a site is moderated then the site owners become responsible for the content. If you want to discuss anything illegal or immoral or libelous then the place to do it is an unmoderated forum.

Two wholly unmoderated forums I can suggest: The comments section of the Daily Star and the comments section of the Daily Express. Not that I’m suggesting anyone go and have fun. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, I didn’t know there was a difference in law been moderated and un-moderated – makes perfect sense though of course.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I suspect the mods removed it because they don’t want their forum used for discussing illegal behaviour

I very much doubt that, I’ve seen illegal drugs and illegal number plates discussed on here.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ah, I didn’t know there was a difference in law been moderated and un-moderated – makes perfect sense though of course

There isn’t. The publisher is responsible for the content.

molgrips
    Free Member

Discussing them is one thing, asking where to get them or can someone supply me is something else, because it’s illegal. Talking about drugs is not.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And the publishers responsibility is limited. If something is brought to their attention and they remove it then they are not liable

GlitterGary
    Free Member

But the main point here, which we are all missing is, would Jim Morrison really care?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

But the main point here, which we are all missing is, would Jim Morrison really care?

yes, he would.
    i remember him being very vocally opposed to napster when it first emerged, and he has also campaigned for ISPs to be forced to divulge personal details of file sharers to the courts etc.

brakeswithface

Napster must have been pretty freaked out by being haunted by Jim Morrison.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I only went for something to eat!’ is closed to new replies.