Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I need to consolidate my bikes in to one but……
  • fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

am not sure what the ‘one’ should be 😕

The current collection consists on the following

29er ScandAL
    Banshee Paradox (frame only at the moment)
    Genesis Vapor CX bike
    SE Bikes OM Flyer (26″ BMX Cruiser)

The idea is to get one bike which can do it all and free up some space in the garage plus reduce maintenance costs of running 3 different bikes. Yes i know that’s like asking for the moon on a stick!

My riding currently ranges from bimbling on the road and round the local lake with the family which is all paths and tarmac to some bridleways and cycle routes like the Downs Link and Worth Way plus some proper off road stuff in the Surrey Hills and Tilgate Forest, South downs etc, although nothing big as I’m a bit jehy when it comes to getting the wheels off the ground!

I like the idea of a monster cross bike like the Singular Gryphon or Perigine as these seems like they could be good all rounds but I’m just not sure at the moment.

Any words of wisdom please?

bails

29er ScandAL
    Banshee Paradox (frame only at the moment)
    Genesis Vapor CX bike

WEll, there’s three XC 29er HTs, and I don’t know what the last one is, so I suggest a 29er HT.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Scandal’s about in the middle of those innit?

Why not just keep that?

yunki
    Free Member

give me a shout when your OM Flyer comes on the market.. 😀

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

I’ll be changing the Scandal for something which will take a tapered steerer regardless even if i didn’t slim the 4 in to 1!

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Will do Yunki but this might be built up for the gf as it’ll take a rear mech and is a lot lighter than her Tesco’s special she currently rides!

bellefied
    Free Member

orange clockwork 29er s – has a tapered headset

pictonroad

don’t bother, you’ll start collecting again soon after. It’s a disorder and there’s no cure short of buying a one bedroom flat with no garage.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Have you considered that if one bike then has to do the work of three, it’ll need three times the maintenance?

wwaswas

Have you considered that if one bike then has to do the work of three, it’ll need three times the maintenance?

that was going to be my point too.

What don’t you like about the Scandal? I’d think it was a good compromise for what you want to do. Run it tubed and have two sets of tyres (or just put CX tyres on it) and it’ll be fine on and off road?

I think in your case the answer is ‘another bike’ rather than less bikes 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Sell them all. Buy a fatbike! 8)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I need to consolidate my bikes in to one but……’ is closed to new replies.