Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I need a new front light but??
  • Janesy
    Free Member

I have a Magicshine mj808 from last year, its pretty good rated at 900lumens or there abouts. Good for the bar. I need one for the helmet.

Whats out their for around £100? and places to buy it from.
    Idealy I want a self contained unit with a quality mount.

thanks

z1ppy

Can I suggest either a MJ872 for £89 off ebay or a XML unit from £45-69.

The MJ872 would be better on your bars, as it is a largish head unit and lots a very floody spread of light, moving the Mj-808 to your helmet.
    Or an XML on your helmet, as they have a great reach with there more centered beam.

EDIT: Just seen your “all in one” comment… hmmm an XML torch then, would mean swapping the battery out on longer rides (dependant on how you use the light levels) & maybe an exposure helmet mount (2fish lock block work fine but I wouldn’t describe them as quality).

Take a look at this thread, noting stoners thread linked off it (don’t be put off by the low price, I rode with the original p7 versions & it was great).

rocketman
    Free Member

As above the 808 works well as a helmet light especially when combined with a thermonuclear 872 on the bars.

Can easily ziptie the 808 battery to your crash helmet

Janesy
    Free Member

808 battery is very heavy -It will not be hanging off the helmet.
    Thanks z1ppy will take a look.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I use an 808 on the helmet – $2 extension lead with the battery in my back pocket and the included helmet mount. Top banana.

Trekster
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I need a new front light but??’ is closed to new replies.